Whats up with the unique choice

Warmoth made an update to their website a couple of months back to make it significantly more performant (big time mission accomplished there!). My understanding is the UC feature needed to be updated to work with the new infrastructure and was temporarily removed to get the new updated MVP of the site out there. It sounds like it'll be coming back, eventually.

I seemed to recall that @aarontunes mentioned in a thread sometime in July (IIRC) that they were hoping to have it back up and running in 30 days, but it didn't sound like there was a high degree of confidence in that. I asked about it recently in the Website Upgrades thread, but there hasn't been a response yet.

Hopefully it'll be back soon 🙏

Agile development has its advantages and disadvantages. Would love to see a scrum meeting among music/tech nerds! :)

(I have no idea if WM's web developers use Agile techniques; I'm just talking out of rear orifices for the sake of trying to be funny)

Oh, I am really hoping it is a website issue. To me, custom lam choice was one of the key draws to a Warmoth, particularly because I like dye finishes and gaudy maple tops LOL!! I gotta be able to see the top before I order it so I know it has a satisfying pattern. When you're already spending $2k on a guitar you might as well spend the extra 10% to get the top you like most!

We intend to bring back UC as soon as possible, but you'll never catch me committing to a date. This website is too complex to be able to do that.

There are a hundred issues we are still trying to sort out, most of which only affect the admin side. That's our top priority. Once those are handled we'll look at bring UC back, albeit probably in some different form.

In the interim, if not being able to choose your lam top is keeping you from ordering, give us a call and we can provide pics of a selection of tops the old-fashioned way.

We intend to bring back UC as soon as possible, but you'll never catch me committing to a date. This website is too complex to be able to do that.

There are a hundred issues we are still trying to sort out, most of which only affect the admin side. That's our top priority. Once those are handled we'll look at bring UC back, albeit probably in some different form.

In the interim, if not being able to choose your lam top is keeping you from ordering, give us a call and we can provide pics of a selection of tops the old-fashioned way.

That’s great to know. I’ve definitely been holding off on ordering a neck until the UC came back. Nice to know the old fashioned way is an option!

I WISH that was all that was keeping me from ordering! If I had the money to spend I would pick up a carved-top hollow tele in blue.

I was told by Spike@warmoth.com via email on November 22nd this:
"I’m afraid that we do not have a system currently in place to provide pictures of available tops"

Last edited:
I was told by Spike@warmoth.com via email on November 22nd this:
"I’m afraid that we do not have a system currently in place to provide pictures of available tops"

I will defer to Spike on that. If he says they aren't providing pics at this point then that is no longer an option. Sorry about that.

I can say for sure that we are working making higher end flame and quilt maple tops available in the builders as a standard option.

Back