What Headstock for Iceman Body?

Masta C

It bothers me that Warmoth offers the "Iceman" body shape, but no corresponding Ibanez-esque headstock shape to pair it with!

Looking at their standard offerings, I can't seem to find a headstock shape that pairs well with the Iceman's unique look.

What headstocks are other people using with their Warmoth "Iceman" bodies?

Is there another place to get an Ibanez-inspired neck that will fit the Warmoth body?

Thanks!

I made a custom out of the blank paddle for my friend's guitar.

Attachments

• 2021-09-11 13.44.27 - 600.jpg
    2021-09-11 13.44.27 - 600.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 2021-09-11 13.44.34 - 600.jpg
    2021-09-11 13.44.34 - 600.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 9
Unrelated specifically to the Iceman style, but I custom cut this out of WM's Arrowhead.

2022-01-01 16.02.32-600.jpg

EDIT: ignore the fact that it's missing a 2nd string tree; I was waiting for a replacement because I didn't prep the pilot hole well enough and snapped the screw.

Based on Paul Gilbert's version, I think the warmoth tiltback would look pretty good. It'd be different, and it answers the question, why be like everyone else? And if you want to be like everyone else, then do what Ned says, cut your own, then it would be perfect. Either way you can't lose.

Actually, what would be cool, is if warmoth offered a paul gilbert version body. But to say I'm "bothered" by it not being on the menu, huh, not really. To be bothered by that is a very first world concern.

Last edited:
Personally I'd use a Vortex or an Arcade, but any of the "metal" looking headstocks would work, as would the Warmoth headstock. Alternatively, the paddle headstock would work if you feel comfortable carving one.

It bothers me that Warmoth offers the "Iceman" body shape, but no corresponding Ibanez-esque headstock shape to pair it with!

Looking at their standard offerings, I can't seem to find a headstock shape that pairs well with the Iceman's unique look.

What headstocks are other people using with their Warmoth "Iceman" bodies?

Is there another place to get an Ibanez-inspired neck that will fit the Warmoth body?

Thanks!
I think the Iceman looks killer with a Jackson style pointy headstock.

Back