Whats the meaning of your Avatar/ handle?

arealken

Mine is 'arealken', in reference to Barbies Ken. I look
nothing like Ken, in fact, I'm a dark haired Hispanic. The story is I got something off Epray one time and the woman was named "arealbarbie", and she said the item was brand new, but it was used. I had to send it back and I gave her a negative because of a lousy attitude.
So her name kinda stuck with me, and I played off it.

"Zebra" is an animal that starts with the first letter of my last name.  I used to teach elementary-school aged children, so that's where that comes from. 

It has nothing to do with zebra-coiled humbuckers, which I generally frowned upon, until very recently.  (Now I'm thinking they're pretty cool, go figure.) 

I was drunk when I created my profile.  That's why it's not capitalized, and I really wish it was capitalized.

I'm not very good at thinking up handles - it strikes me as a strange process, and I either blank out, or am only able to think of terribly inappropriate things.

The avatar is of the inside of a coffee cup, in which coffee grounds where swirled around as they dried (it must have been a cup of stove-top espresso).  I don't take many photos, but when I do take them, I like to take ordinary, household items any draw them into abstraction. 

My last name is Timms, and when I was in elementary school, people would make fun of me and call me "Timmsie", and eventually, I became a "scary metalhead" and decided I'd use the name. Sort of my way of saying "you can't break me!" And eventually everyone called me Timmsie, and it stuck as my nickname.

And i was born in 1995, so that's where the 95 comes from.

Ive always wanted to make rock n roll with horns... AND teeth. Not top 40 horns, not horn hits as an after thought. Hard rock with an integral horn section. AC/DC with horns coming from stage right instead of Angus's head. So far the dream is of yet unrealized.

I've always been "BigSteve". At 6'1" and 200+lbs, name just fits. "22"? No real reason.

Chose Milo as the avatar because, even in my 60's, I'm still a big punk fan. Could have used Dag Nasty's flame head, (in fact, I did at first), or Henry Rollins' staggered black bars, but Milo seemed more friendly. Thought about "Fat Mike", (NOFX), but that would have just been confusing.......

:icon_jokercolor:

My given name is not actually Verne Bunsen, it's Vann Betzel. There, I've said it! I never actually "sign" as Verne in posts or correspondence as that feels quite disingenuous; I generally stick with "VB" which is true enough.

The story. Back in high school, which was 20+ years ago now, my friends and I found ouselves at a social gathering, and at this social gathering was a fellow who did some glass work as a hobby. This fellow was regailing a group of young ladies with stories about his art and he got into explaining why, for his purposes, the Bunsen Burner was a terible choice as a heat source. One of my friends piped in and said, rather out of the blue, "Watch what you say, this is Verne Bunsen, great-great-grandson of the guy the Bunsen Burner is named for!" It stuck to me and I've been Verne Bunsen ever since whenever I didn't particularly want to use my real name. I do not enjoy thinking up clever monikers for forums and such, so it's my go-to.

In an interesting turn, I recently re-financed my house and at the closing they provided me with a list of possible aliases they wanted me to confirm or deny. Verne Bunsen was at the top of the list. I still have not managed to get comfortable with that as, other than in private correspondence with a couple of folks here on this forum, and I suppose in this post, I have never actually linked Verne with my name. Craziness...

My (current) avatar picture is a picture of my butterscotch (or maybe it's honey, I dunno) blonde Nashville Tele with F-Logo Bigsby B5. I took the picture after replacing some parts on the Bigsby, then about the same time they did the forum upgrade and my old avatar disappeared. I liked the picture so I used it as my new one.

I got the nickname "Jack the Hack" back in the early '70's because I was driving a cab to pay my way through college, wound up in the tech field in the mid-80s, so most everyone makes the wrong assumption...

My avatar is cover art for my next album, and my handle is a riff on how rare it is to find someone with a Philosophy degree.

ThePhilosopher said:
My avatar is cover art for my next album, and my handle is a riff on how rare it is to find someone with a Philosophy degree.

tell me about it! I thought Phi was a good way to skate- wrong, quickly changed my major..for me Philosophy  it was much harder than math, especially upper level logic courses!

Zebra said:
I was drunk when I created my profile.  That's why it's not capitalized, and I really wish it was capitalized.

Fixed that for ya.

Zebra said:
The avatar is of the inside of a coffee cup, in which coffee grounds where swirled around as they dried (it must have been a cup of stove-top espresso).

There's no avatar showing on your posts as there's no image loaded in your profile. You can fix that if you find the image file.

My Avatar is just nothing special; I was just experimenting around shortly after the forum software upgrade that stripped a lot of avatars out. I'll change it once I find something more suitable.

My handle is just a phonetic spelling of my first two initials - K. G.
I ran a computer techical forum for a while as KGWagner, people started calling me "Cagey" for short, and it stuck.

Updated avatar explanation:  "Cat on an amp."
More specifically, Zoé, one of my two meezer-tabbys, looking forlorn and mysterious.

It's a whole internet-thing.
See here:  http://catsonamps.net/ 

Gotta love a Siamese. Nothing like them. I've had a number of them during my life and if I ever got another cat, that's what it would be.

The avatar has no meaning just something I found after the forum upgrade and at the time of writing is from a painting by Dali.

Stratamania. You might think is to do with Stratocasters.

In the part of the world where I was brought up some would say strat a caster rather than strat o caster. So its partly that.

Mania is a fan of something or it could be man in America but I don't live there.

Strata could also be something to do with Geology, which is a study of rocks amongst other things so I could be a rock fan.

Mine comes from a mishearing of something my girlfriend said at work. I don't know what the whole sentence was but it included the words '...in fact, Pete...' - her boss said, 'who? Fat Pete?'. I quite liked the sound of and it's just incredibly amusing because (shock revelation) I'm 6'2"/1.88m and about 170 pounds/77 kg.

Avatar is a 'that will do' picture I uploaded.

That's a pic of me in my "bug man" get up which is one of the characters in my alter ego band "DrozviTek"
(Russian Red Nek Kowboyz playing country/jazz licks over EDM beats/backdrop)
Instrumentation for the front guyz is generally pedal steel, acoustic slide guitar, nylon string guitar, and occasionally electric fiddle.

https://soundcloud.com/drozvitek/sets

The handle is my real name with a connecting _ underscore.

My mates started calling me T-Rex during my undergrad years because I can't dance.  :cool01:

My user name is the second of three that I use. Originally I went by Decepticon, but it became too common so I changed it to AutoBat, a combination of Aquabats (3rd wave Ska band) and Autobots.
In everything else I've done since 2011 my user name has changed again as I played a game and made many friends, however, it doesn't show account names in it, only character names.
Oh well. I'm not going to retroactively change any of my priors. I'll just be a man with 3 names (plus a real one).

Avatar is easier to explain because it's my fun car that I almost never get a chance to drive.

Mine's an anagram ...  :laughing7:

As for the avatar, it's an image I shot of the Mustang headstock when I assembled my guitar.
I've had a few since coming here and I'll probably change it again soon. They're fun!  :toothy10:

Back