Whats the meaning of your Avatar/ handle?

ghotiphry said:
Aztec Camera?  I thought nobody liked Aztec Camera except for me!  Jeez, that takes me back.  Knife has to be my favorite record, but Working in a Goldmine is my favorite single.  Roddy Frame released an album just a couple years ago!  Seven Dials is really a great record.

Seven Dials is a fine record. Postcard is one of my newest favorite songs. He's an amazing songwriter, lyricist and a vastly under rated guitar player. I actually hope he never becomes a household name. I like being part of a fanatic minority.

anorakDan said:
stratamania said:
Didn't Aztec Camera, do that song, Somewhere in My Heart ? 

I remember learning it for a covers band in the eighties.

Yes indeed! Biggest hit for Roddy.

I cant say I remember how to play it. It was for me another pop record I learnt to play at that time.

By the way I noticed you mentioned an  anorak being a type of jumper. Its actually a type of jacket. Often with a hood and years ago in the 70s they were often made of quilted and padded nylon and often were blue.

Schoolboys, Trainspotters and folks like that often wore anoraks. Hence now in the UK, someone who has studied a subject quite in depth now is jokingly called an Anorak.

I used to have a neighbor that modified every criticism of the talking heads on t.v. with Super, Turbo, Deluxe, or Custom.  This guy was a Turbo douche or a boner face Deluxe or Super dork, etc.  Compound that with every minor guitar change to an existing flagship model made it a Custom or Deluxe, I thought building a guitar with custom parts would make it a Super Turbo Deluxe Custom.  I'm not as active on here as a few years ago, but several forumites had shortened it to STD Custom.  Infer what you will.

The avatar, it's 2 of my Warmoth J Bass builds.  The one on the left is my first from 2008.  The one on the right is from 2014.

Interestingly enough, the Tobacco Burst one is in a satin matte finish.  This was an "off menu" option in 2008.  When ordering over the phone, one sales person may know nothing about, another might.  I had this and 2 more bodies done in it.  They quit offering it for 2 reasons.  As explained to me, satin finishes would go glossy in wear areas and sometimes just during shipping.  Whatever process they were using also went up substantially.  Regardless, it's back as an option on all finishes though I'm surprised it's called a new option.

AirCap is short for the Air Capital - Wichita, KS - where I hail from.
My avatar is the Studebaker automobile logo from the 60's - I'm an officer in the club.

No...it's not "Erin". The Irish spelling is for girls. Mine's spelled the good-old-fashioned Hebrew way. No...not one "A". Two "A's".

Well, are we not apes? The 'great apes' are the chimpanzees, the orangutans, and the gorillas. Most
'sources' don't care to publicize it, but we bipedal humanoids fit that description to a 'T'...or is that an
'A'?

Great Ape said:
Well, are we not apes? The 'great apes' are the chimpanzees, the orangutans, and the gorillas. Most
'sources' don't care to publicize it, but we bipedal humanoids fit that description to a 'T'...or is that an
'A'?

Well, some of us are great apes, and some of us (including me) manage to be only pretty good apes.

I almost always use song names for my handles and I'm a huge bowie fan. My avatar is my gear that is my favorite to play, the hybrid tele was my first build and is now ~10 years old, it's just starting to get broken in.

[youtube]XlH6UDnjFNE[/youtube]

Great Ape said:
'A'?

There's an interesting novel along those lines: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishmael_(novel)

Back