What do you think about my choice?

Holy ShiXXX what a amazing tele! Great job man.

Do you know if I can get influence in the body weight when I order one @ warmoth? If that might be possible I would tell the guys that it should be a body around 3 pounds 12 ounce.

Well then I go for a pau ferro neck....

absolutely ! ! ! ask for your specific weight you wish and they can come pretty close and remember to ask for top tonewood and 3A to 5A wood , if you wish .

Hi Kreig,

I thought every Warmoth wood is top quality tonewood... Is there a difference? Do you know if there are extra charges for special quality tonewood?
The top wood is not that important for me, because I will choose a solid black finish.

The quality is the same in all tops, the difference is the look of it... some tops has more figuring on it and it make it cost more, but functionally talking, they will sound the same and will behave very close (getting more unstable as far it's going figured, IF NOT dried correctly)

You can expect a solid build, woods figured or not...

good,better,best is what Warmoth has .
when in doubt  , always ask for the very best , right ? :icon_scratch:
i don't think they add a premium for wood that has high grade tonal properties , ask them to be sure . but they absolutely know what to look for when you request it !
they listen for resonance and stuff like that.

don't listen to nonsense .

they do there own kiln drying on their site and know exactly what they are doing ! ask tony flying squirrel if you don't believe me !

kreig said:
don't listen to nonsense .

they do there own kiln drying on their site and know exactly what they are doing ! ask tony flying squirrel if you don't believe me !

First of all, why don't listen me?

second, where did I say that they doesn't dry the woods?

Are you on drugs? I've said that all woods has the same quality, but some has more figuring than the others and that the only difference between them  :doh:

EDIT: correct misspeling

Hey guys cool down...  :redflag:

I can ask for special tonewood, maybe there is a difference if not, no problem at all! I think the quality of Warmoth's parts are good at all.

So the only difference to my list in the 1st post is that I will choose a raw pau ferro pro neck. Hope you are right that it will be not as neck heavy as I thought before. But I can ask Warmoth for a good weight balance between the neck and the body, maybe that it is not lighter than 3 pound 12 ounce.

Thanks for your advices!!!  :hello2:

I'd check this with others, but in my opinion the Schaller tuners are the heaviest Warmoth offers - now, I like weight in the neck, but if it's crucial to you the Planet Waves are lighter than Schallers and unless you're putting on a whammy, why lock at all? The Gotoh SG38's are really serviceable AND light. The Klusons are probably lightest of all, but that's like putting training wheels on a Harley. :eek:

You're the first guy that I know that you ask for a HEAVIER body  :laughing7:
Maybe Gary should ask for it too, in his Explorer :icon_biggrin:

Don't need to worry about quality, if it's going to be painted in black, just ask Mahogany and it's done... (even more because it's VERY rare to get a figured Mahogany and would cost $$$$$$ and nobody would be happy with you painting it in black  :laughing3:) They're the same quality, tone-wise and stabillity talking...

And sorry if I gave a tackle on you Kreig... :icon_thumright:

this should clarify the question:  http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/options/options_bodywoods.cfmis

cheers nonsense tele, come to Seattle and I'll buy you a beer and we can ask Warmoth for a tour of their shop and have a great time together!  :eek:ccasion14:

NonsenseTele said:
You're the first guy that I know that you ask for a HEAVIER body  :laughing7:
Maybe Gary should ask for it too, in his Explorer :icon_biggrin:

I do want a heavier body. That's why I'm going for either Black Korina or Hard Ash - depending on how heavy they think it will be. I don't want it TOO heavy, but definitely not light. I'd like 5 lbs. or so. I'd get this one if it was routed for a Floyd Rose:
http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&start=1&itemNumber=MP91&menuItem=13&subMenuItem=0&subMenuItem2=0

Hey, good advice with the weight of the tuning machines. Are the Planet Waves noticeable lighter than the Schaller Mini Locking Tuners? Any comments concerning the Gotoh SG38? If these tuning machines are ok I will go for the gotoh's. Less price, less weight = good choice!??

What kind of screws do you use for the tuning machines and do you pre drill a hole?
How do you install the string throug ferrules? Maybe with a rubber mallet?

Back