Building a Modern Style Lespaul 🙂 what do you think?

Samer

Okay,

So, as some already were in my position, am currently looking at getting a 1st build from Warmoth.

Am trying to create a modern but vintage inspired single cut guitar created to suit my needs and approach to music.

Here's what am thinking:
**Swamp body with Mahogany top - to clear a balance between the two tone wood and have warmth and brightness, plus I can get a solid cream colour

**Humbucker bridge and single neck - inspired by Joe Satriani, but also I have always hated the hum/hum look on a LP, so I think it makes the shape a bit modern.

** Floyd - yep 🙂

** The neck is going to be Wenge/Rose wood/Paddock which ever one I settle on.

** Fretboard is ebony.

The neck is a darker wood to contrast the Vintage cream body 🙂

I have a screen grab from Warmoth - what do you guys think?

Attachments

• 20200814_113508.jpg
    20200814_113508.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 28
Welcome to the forum - should be a cool build!

Note that Warmoth will do a solid finish over most woods - if the option's not in the builder, just give them a call.

Welcome.

That's certainly an original custom build there, and that's what we're all about.

I think the mix of swamp ash body with a Korina or mahogany neck is one of the great tone secrets out there. Rosewood necks on Swamp Ash bodies are also great - in my experience thicker, but I like Korina/Mahogany better for balance.

I like the idea of a mahogany top on swamp ash, and am curious how it turns out. Swamp ash Les Paul runs didn't set the world on fire, but maybe it was because of the need for a mahogany top!

Wenge I think would be a good fit for the body. It gets raves, and I'd like to try one someday.

Back