July 2013 Guitar of the Month Contest Submissions

The compromising pics above are nothing - look who I saw that beast of Mully's hanging out with...

EVH_-_Frankenstien.145.jpg

Oh the shame.

(Just kidding)

So... you're saying Mully's guitar hangs out with poorly-groomed barely dressed malnourished dope addicts? Tsk, tsk.

Cagey said:
So... you're saying Mully's guitar hangs out with poorly-groomed barely dressed malnourished dope addicts? Tsk, tsk.

Many guitars aspire to the same lofty heights.

Getting back to the guitars, I'd also like to see more instruments like #14. I've had a Teisco inspired design on the drawing board for ages - if only I didn't have the woodworking skills of a warthog... More diy elements in builds please!

That said, I think #15 deserves some love. Not keen on shoreline gold, likewise cream dots, but that bass is just spot on. It all works together perfectly - even the chrome tuners seem to look unusually good against the pau ferro. There's a real clarity of vision in the material and finish selection there. Nice job.

Fat Pete said:
That said, I think #15 deserves some love. Not keen on shoreline gold, likewise cream dots, but that bass is just spot on. It all works together perfectly - even the chrome tuners seem to look unusually good against the pau ferro. There's a real clarity of vision in the material and finish selection there. Nice job.

Thanks Pete, I really appreciate your comments  :glasses10: There is some synergy going on with this one, the Shoreline Gold is damn hard to photograph though  (I just loooove that color ;-))  And this was my first post here, just found this forum and thought I would participate...

I definitely gotta pile on with the love for the shoreline gold bass.  That's a simple, beautiful thunder machine you made, MortenB.  Nice work.

While the candy stripe is pretty cool and iconic, it's a bit over done and kinda passe now... :dontknow:

DangerousR6 said:
While the candy stripe is pretty cool and iconic, it's a bit over done and kinda passe now... :dontknow:

Dude, taking a smack at my guitar, something I've wanted since I was kid for God's sake. That's just wrong, man.
MULLY

mullyman said:
DangerousR6 said:

Dude, taking a smack at my guitar, something I've wanted since I was kid for God's sake. That's just wrong, man.
MULLY
Nope, wasn't taking a smack at it, it's a beautiful guitar. I've just out grown it... :rock-on:

Altar said:
Hey, Finger Dude -

I would absolutely love it if you would stick around and post frequently, or at least post build threads. That guitar is just all kinds of....

Delicious?

:dontknow:

Yep. Stick around!
Thanks a lot Altar, do you want to see pics of the building of #14? Is it ok to post them here or should I start a new thread if I did? I sure as heck don't want to break any rules...

Start a thread in the Work in Progress category, then come back here and post a link to your thread so we know where to go.  :icon_thumright:

mullyman said:
DangerousR6 said:

MULLY

He was stating his opinion, one that I wholeheartedly agree with.

That said, the attention to detail on your new axe is outstanding. Very well done, don't take offense at Doug's opinion or mine. If you like it, f*ck the world.

fngrpikr said:
Thanks a lot Altar, do you want to see pics of the building of #14?

YESYESYESPLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

And please build a lot more too. Cause I said so.

Haha, and what Hannah said sounds excellent.

Started a build thread, here's the link...

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=22118.msg327533#msg327533

mullyman said:
DangerousR6 said:

MULLY
Mully,
I've found this forum can be 'snarky' at times-- better have thick skin if you're going to participate.  There's been very critical feedback over some of my relic work... So what?  I'm not looking for approval, just want to share my projects.  There's no accounting for taste, and not everyone will admire your work.  That's not justification for meanness or disapproving comments, but they ensue regardless.

I applaud you for sharing your work... like it or not, I enjoy seeing what other folks are putting together.  Thanks.

jmavl said:
mullyman said:
DangerousR6 said:

MULLY
Mully,
I've found this forum can be 'snarky' at times-- better have thick skin if you're going to participate.  There's been very critical feedback over some of my relic work... So what?  I'm not looking for approval, just want to share my projects.  There's no accounting for taste, and not everyone will admire your work.  That's not justification for meanness or disapproving comments, but they ensue regardless.

I applaud you for sharing your work... like it or not, I enjoy seeing what other folks are putting together.  Thanks.

Not a problem. I knew going into this that I didn't really stand a chance in the voting. I'm sure these guys have seen a billion Van Halen striped guitars. Still, I've yet to see one on here with such great detail AND since the theme is "Warmoth or Pro finished" I had at least hoped that all the detail that went into the VH striped guitar would get a little more attention than a clear finish. I guess the only way this guitar stands a chance is if the category is "Icon Guitar Replica". hahah!!
MULLY

mullyman said:
jmavl said:
mullyman said:
DangerousR6 said:

MULLY
Mully,

Not a problem. I knew going into this that I didn't really stand a chance in the voting. I'm sure these guys have seen a billion Van Halen striped guitars. Still, I've yet to see one on here with such great detail AND since the theme is "Warmoth or Pro finished" I had at least hoped that all the detail that went into the VH striped guitar would get a little more attention than a clear finish. I guess the only way this guitar stands a chance is if the category is "Icon Guitar Replica". hahah!!
MULLY
It's funny you should say that Mully, 'cause earlier today I was thinking about just that. Not necessarily  "Icon Guitar Replica", but a "replica guitar" thread.. But I do like the candy stripe, I have a Kramer Kandy Stripe myself.

I like Candy Stripers, too...

Candy-striper-Crop-1.jpg

... could that be the future ex-Mrs. Wagner?

I said "stripers". Get your mind out of the gutter. She's clearly dressed, so she can hardly be a stripper. Yet. Lemme check Google...

Cagey said:
I said "stripers". Get your mind out of the gutter. She's clearly dressed, so she can hardly be a stripper. Yet. Lemme check Google...

One of the best movies out of the late 70's early 80's "Candy Stripers"
MULLY
but it's of the XXX variety

Back