So what would you do with my old guitar?

raycornwall

I'm upgrading to a guitar with a Fender Deluxe Strat body and parts, with a wide Warmoth neck. This means my starter guitar, a Squier Bullet HSS from Indonesia with meh parts and a mahogany sunburst body. It's okay for a starter, but nothing special. I thought about selling or trading it, but I've also thought about using the mahogany body to build a better quality partscaster. If I trade it in, I might do something else to further my guitar learning, like a starter tele or bass guitar.

What would you do? I'm not familiar with how well a Squier body would work in a partscaster. What would you do?

I overhauled a Squier Strat with mostly upgraded components. You can do the same thing and have a fine guitar. It's about the same amount of work as starting with another body but if you like this one, start there.

You can get a lot out of a guitar that has a meh body but with a decent neck, hardware, and pickups.  Here are some ideas:

1)  Set it up just like you main guitar, use it as a backup.
2)  Use it for your 'slide guitar,' or 'alternate tuning guitar,' or 'niche guitar for that one style that my main guitar doesn't really cover well' or otherwise just for something totally different from your main guitar.
3)  Use it as a test bed for modifications - other pickups, tweaking electronics, piezo bridge, etc.
4)  Scalloped neck!  :headbanging:

Have fun! 

Back