what do you drive ?

AGWANANA-RAMA, you are on crack. I've known for years that the Crossfire is just an old SLK. it's not a Z. you're borderline retarded for thinking that. and wait, Corvette's aren't sports car? um...didn't know that. it's not like they raped GT1 for years, or their ZR-1 is one of the best deals on the road, ACR Viper aside. also, if you've never enjoyed driving a vette, learn how to drive better. they are a bit loose when coming out of a corner, but it helps you get on the gas sooner to rotate the car when you're coming out of a corner.

I was a mechanic for 11 years after I graduated from Lincoln Tech (6 of them for a Nissan dealer). Now I work in mental/behavioral health so I can help him either way. :icon_jokercolor: :icon_biggrin:

pabloman said:
I was a mechanic for 11 years after I graduated from Lincoln Tech (6 of them for a Nissan dealer). Now I work in mental/behavioral health so I can help him either way. :icon_jokercolor: :icon_biggrin:

LOL! Spat my coffee out over the monitor when I read this!  :laughing3:

Is Agwan thinking of the Chrysler-Mitsubishi partnership?
Either way, all of his insinuations about the Crossfire seems to be the opposite of what is true.

CrackedPepper said:
Even though I don't drive one, I thought we should add bikes to the mix.  Me and my 2003 Victory V92C Classic Cruiser:

Yeah, but what about my cool bike?!?

Just tryin' to lighten the mood here

Attachments

• V92CDeluxe.jpg
    V92CDeluxe.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 260
I never said the Corvette was not a sports car. I said I dont like Corvettes. Actually I don't like Z's either... I'm an all wheel drive, rally car kind of guy. the manners of straightline cars don't appeal to me. It doesnt mean they're bad. I'd kill a Nun for the engine from a Corvette.

I'd just stuff it in an old 4x4.

as for the platforms, I always thought the Mercedes/chrysler thing about the Crossfire. till one day we had a 350 Z up on the rack next to a Crossfire. and I realized the Crossfire Chassis had completely different underpinnings, yet ridiculously similar rails. so we looked closer and realized that the subframes on the two cars had a lot of holes in the same places. but on each car a completely different part was installed.

we've never found anything online that supports this. but I know what I saw, and what the rest of the mechanics saw. they share rails. at least as far back as the B-Pillar.

regardless of where the subframe assembly (which is the part everyone seems to have an issue with, since we all seem to define CHASSIS differently) is sourced. I never debated the Daimler transmission, or the Pentastar engine.

I know it has those parts. I know those parts suck. I know that car sucks. I've fixed a lot of chryslers. and enough mercedes to know that I'd rather work on Toyota's and Chevy's.

those companies make it easy.

My only "insinuation" about the crossfire is it sucks on several levels and shares a subframe with a Z. show me images of the subframes side by side and I'll think different.

So you are saying the Crossfire sucks

that is funny, in 7 years of owning the car I find it is a very nice car, has low maintenance, high performance for it's amount of engineering.
I already showed why I chose it, I valued some daily driver skills over narrow focused performance, I think I got what I asked for.
ad I wanted a more focused car, I would not have chosen the Z, My neighbors Z is always in the shop and to tell the truth has issues that I would not put up with
the Vette was too mundane, I probably would have chosen a Viper for the engine, but then I wanted a car I could drive, be sporty, and still get groceries, want to know something,64 thousand miles later and I still love the car, do not want to sell it for a new one.
You say it sucks, I say it is a great car
you drive a scion, a entry level car with little performance to it. You opened your mouth and called 40 year old fat, I want a picture of you at 45 to see if you will not be what you dislike now.
Your only reason to sell the Scion is to travel abroad, I kept a Vette in storage along with a 1100 CC Ninja when I was traveling, because I could afford it.
seems what I detect is some ENVY.
You have stated that the Crossfire and the Z are the same chassis,but all you have to prove that is you have to say they are similar, hey a fender neck and a gibson neck are similar, but not the same manufacturer. You need to check before spouting off. In the world of global economy many things are similar as parts suppliers and engineers are sometimes outsourced, replacementparts are by bid but it does not make thing made by the same company.
Rethink your statement, it would be like saying Vox amps  and fender amps were made in the same place because they both used a 12ax7 tube made in the same plant in Russia.

Yes, I am acting rather dickish, as are you Pablo. Jusatele is not, he is merely disagreeing. and while we seem unable to actually talk about the same things at the same time. we're not really getting anywhere with this argument. and I'm getting bored with it. as I hope you are.

Well, if we're including 2 wheeled machines, I can haz input?
photo0273.jpg

photo0271p.jpg

Agwan are you serious? All I did was disagree with you as well. I'm not the one that called you retarded or a crack smoker. I made a joke to try to add levity to the situation. I didn't come out and just say your full if shit. I didn't say your only 25 and on your 15th job in 3 years so how much experience can you really have. I made sure not to attack you or call you names and to not disrespect you. You were the one telling people their cars suck. In the interest of not engaging in this pissing contest I too am done.

I was a mechanic for a really long time, till I got in a car crash. and lost the ability to be insured at the only Job I've ever been great at. maybe I don't have 11 years under my belt. but even without certifications... I was better than many guys who'd been in the business 20 years.

to clear things up.I do not think I called him retarded, did ask if he was on crack though

I know I did not buy a Ferrari, bought a rig I could use as a Daily driver, was a big issue on my list

So, before I get accused of arguing with out a point, my stance is it is built off the SLK platform, which is well documented, not the Z, which besides Agwan, no on has ever said.

I am tired of this discussion

let us see what others drive, I think a few things describe a person, and those who drive basic transportation because they do not car speaks very well of them. those who drive Ferrari's either have dick size issues or just enjoy technogy, those who drive what ever is in between do so for reasons, mine is I like sporty cars, I just need utility also because I cannot afford a drive only at the track car.

Back