what do you drive ?

I drive a 2011 Chevy HHR 2LT in Crystal Red Tintcoat (similar to Candy Apple Red) for hauling my Marshall around:

2454857093x400.jpg

Great 7 speaker Pioneer stereo and Bluetooth for calling in-car.  Retro with lots of chrome.

The SO drives this 2011 Ford Escape Hybrid Limited in Lime Twist:
2011-ford-Escape-Hybrid-drivers-side-front.jpg

She's got Bluetooth plus the Navigation touchscreen.  Hybrid makes no sound at all when you turn the key in the ignition... "is it on?" LOL

I have a '97 Ram. It started out as a delivery truck for Fastenal, so the only toys it really has is an FM radio w/ tape deck and air conditioning. My dad picked it up from the guy who bought it from Fastenal, used it for a delivery truck for several years for his upholstery and furniture repair shop, and sold it to me when he switched over to a loaded minivan to do the same thing. It only has a six and only two-wheel drive, but its insanely cheap to run (well, it was til the catalytic converter plugged up and caused backpressure problems), cheap to license (only $50/year in Michigan) and cheap to insure ($45/month).

The wife drives a '97 Montana that has given me nothing but headaches every time I drive due to the things that she doesn't tell me about. She put it in the ditch last January and drove it the last 40 miles home with the radiator plugged up full of snow after being pulled out, causing the radiator to boil dry, the engine to overheat, the head gaskets to blow and the heads themselves to crack. That was a fun little adventure...

Graffiti, is that a 4x4 too?  It does make a good Michigan Truck for loading, or in the winter.  I have pulled full sized two wheel drive trucks out of the ditch before with my 97 Dodge. :laughing7:

Steve_Karl said:
B3Guy said:
1953 Chevrolet Bel-Air is officially my own car. It is currently in progress, though. Had the engine go out on me, and upon inspection, discovered the engine was a 1948  :sad1:

so I have no car, but I'm on campus at college, so that doesn't matter. Right now, I enjoy driving my dad's 2001 540i Bimmer (silver, matched trim).

Woah! on the Chevy! Get that tank back on the road!

' 97 Mazda Protege here with about 60,000 mi on it.

yup. it will hopefully happen this summer. it had some minor rust problems starting to show, and a major case of barn-stank impregnated into the upholstery. After puling out the stupid '48 engine with the tranny attached, I figured I was half way to having the baby disassembled for paint. So I kept going. Now it is all parted out and ready for stripping and painting. I just have to scrape together the money to get 'er done, then put everything back together.

AprioriMark said:
96 Buick Park Avenue Ultra.   It's white, has heated leather seats, and I do NOT get pulled over.  My wife drives the newer cars in the family~

-Mark

one of the best family cars every made, and no thats not a joke. my friend had one and it was even good on gas, better than most smaller cars! i drive a 93 regal (it's decent on gas and great ride) and i still have my 79 monte carlo that i plan to drop another engine in this spring, not that there is anything wrong with the 350 i put in there 10 years ago, just i like change, and turbo chargers!

Gotta say I was expecting to hear 53' Merc or 48' Fleetline.  At least its Chevy.  :headbang:

AutoBat said:
Regular cars I drive are a 1999 Chrysler 300M and a 2005 Scion xB
Can't find any pics on my computer of my 1963 Corvette though :\

That second one is the ugliest car I've ever seen!

Summer car: 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII with about 500 hp  :evil4:
4798747473_d60ded405d_z.jpg

Winter car: 1996 Ford Thunderbird (hoping it lasts another 3-4 years)
5508046472_88ef47d4d5_z.jpg

Cletus said:
Jusatele said:
Autobat, I had a 2004 300M,man that was a great car, I loved it, one of the smoothest trannies I ever drove

Smooth.

Eddie-Izzard.jpg
funny how your mind works like that, I would never associate that statement with  men, guess I do not dream of them though

Cletus said:
Jusatele said:
Autobat, I had a 2004 300M,man that was a great car, I loved it, one of the smoothest trannies I ever drove

Smooth.

Eddie-Izzard.jpg

is that Eddie Izzard? he's great!!

didn't we just have a long running 'what do you drive' thread? Anyway, I drive a Dodge Durango, and a Chevy van in the weekends :)

crash said:
Winter car: 1996 Ford Thunderbird (hoping it lasts another 3-4 years)
5508046472_88ef47d4d5_z.jpg
I had one before my Chrysler.  I was never as happy as the day I sold it. (96 white t-bird v6, seafoam green interior)

Cletus said:
AutoBat said:
Regular cars I drive are a 1999 Chrysler 300M and a 2005 Scion xB
Can't find any pics on my computer of my 1963 Corvette though :\
That second one is the ugliest car I've ever seen!
It's quite polarizing on opinions. It's my favorite car I've ever owned.  The second generation xBs look much worse, but at least Nissan brought us the Cube.

Here's a pic of my 63's stablemate, my father's 1965 Corvette.

Attachments

• DSC00228.JPG
    DSC00228.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 387
  • DSC00224.JPG
    DSC00224.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 373
I thought Cletus just got confused and was posting his "what you usually wear pic". :laughing7:

I usually drive my dad's '98 Volkswagen Sharan (90HP :tard:)
Sometimes, I drive my mom's Opel Astra ('04, 5 door hatchback)
I'm gonna buy the Opel (one year untill license :blob7:).
in 1-3 weeks, we're getting a 2011 Volkswagen Passat CC. I don't really know about car prices, but it costs about 50 000$, and that is about half of a Mercedes E with good equipment. I mean, 50 000? That's kinda much for a car with 150HP, even if it has four wheel drive and an automatic gearbox :dontknow:.

Firebird said:
Graffiti, is that a 4x4 too?  It does make a good Michigan Truck for loading, or in the winter.  I have pulled full sized two wheel drive trucks out of the ditch before with my 97 Dodge. :laughing7:

Only 4x2--rear wheel drive. Tell you the truth, I drive better with rear wheel drive in the winter than I do with front wheel drive. Allowing the tail end to break loose helps makes turns tighter and I can rock my truck through the snow easier than I can my minivan.

Back