We don't need no stinkin' table!

That is pretty cool looking. I bet it's heavy being all Birdseye. That back plate made out of the same wood is nice.

Gregg said:
That is pretty cool looking. I bet it's heavy being all Birdseye. That back plate made out of the same wood is nice.
Actually the two scoops you see are connected to make a hollow passageway.....But the point I was really trying to make wa the fact that all the guitars he builds, the wood came from the bottom of lake superior over 200 years ago....

DangerousR6 said:
Boobala said:
That should produce a very Langcaster-like guitar.
That kinda reminds me of this guys guitars. W. paul Jawarsky.
wpaul4.jpg

The Wood
The legend behind Timeless Timber(tm) Guitars made by William Paul Jarowsky originated in the late 1800's when the logging industry was at its highest peak in history. Huge quantities of wood were harvested at that time and floated by raft for processing. Many logs sank to the murky depths of the lakes surrounding the mills, and were forgotten until 1991 when diver Scott Mitchen uncovered them at the bottom of Lake Superior.

The wood was preserved in pristine condition due to being entombed in the icy oxygen depleted environment. In addition, bacteria had stripped all of the impurities, leaving billions of microscopic chambers throughout the wood. These chambers produce a rich resonance and tone depth unheard before now. Forest growth in the 1800's was dense. Trees had intense competition for sunlight, and therefore grew slowly. Timeless Timber(tm) is approximately 400 - 600 years in age depending on the particular piece, and has 40 to 50 growth rings per inch, compared with wood growing today, which has roughly 4 to 6 growth rings per inch. Learning of Mitchen's find, W. Paul Jarowsky of Waukesha, Wisconsin, sought and obtained exclusive guitar production rights to Timeless Timber(tm) for his original handmade, patented "sculptured soundport system" instruments. For more information on Timeless Timber(tm) please visit www.oldlogs.com

ya know no sooner than i read this i picked up a guitar owned by a local musician and saw the timeless timbre stamp on the back of the headstock. here! in japan!  aparently a guy in hachenohe buys the wood and builds basic fender copies from it. they have a different headstock from the fender origonal although copyright laws don't apply in asia and are sold under the name furgen if i read it right. masato has 2, a strat and a tele. the tele has some heft to it, more like a les paul. both are done in a traditional sunburst.

Will this table ever show to us as a guitar or avaiable tops on Unique Choice???

+1 on that Zemaitis design!!! I want one so bad, but with 22 frets, like this:
MF501_BL_big.jpg

NonsenseTele said:
jackthehack said:
Bananasmusic.com has that on sale for US $6000.00

It's like almost half of my annual payment, with currency change and duties...

The manufactured Zemaitis guitars are pretty good value for replicas, Fernando, and probably the closest you will get to old original guitars that Tony Zemaitis built for his customers. IF I had the money I'd buy a disc front in a heart beat!

OzziePete said:
The manufactured Zemaitis guitars are pretty good value for replicas, Fernando, and probably the closest you will get to old original guitars that Tony Zemaitis built for his customers. IF I had the money I'd buy a disc front in a heart beat!

I'd have to sell HALF of me to buy these guitars and I don't think I can find someone stupid enough to buy half of me :laughing7:
If I ever finish my projects on hold, I'll give a shot to build a clone... Just will need a top engraver :D

NonsenseTele said:
If I ever finish my projects on hold, I'll give a shot to build a clone... Just will need a top engraver :D

In between the time that Tony Zemaitis retired and then passed away, and then the family got Zemaitis brand name up and running, I was considering using a VW from Warmoth to do a disc front. Very similar design. If you can get a hold of one of those used, or er....., get it from another body maker  :confused4:, then you are on your way to making a disc front.

Then get the disc made, and recess it onto the front of the body.

With the Zemaitis Metal top (LP style), you just need to get a LP flat top and sharpen the lower bout horn, accent the curves of the body shape and then get a template made of the front of the guitar for the metal top.

Both are achievable if you know someone who could work with you on the metal work and the engraving.

OzziePete said:
Both are achievable if you know someone who could work with you on the metal work and the engraving.

That's what I would need... Would build it neck-thru and the design can be made easily on Corel Draw putting measures on a pic, then print and make a template...

Back