Yes, I have a problem. No, I don't want help...

Thanks...Drilling that hole made quite an impression on me I know that, right now I'm typing this with my nose because it's more comfortable than trying to raise my arms... :sad:

PhilHill said:
Thanks...Drilling that hole made quite an impression on me I know that, right now I'm typing this with my nose because it's more comfortable than trying to raise my arms... :sad:
:laughing11: :icon_thumright: :laughing11:

PhilHill said:

:toothy12: :toothy12: :toothy12:

Drilling.gif

That picture made me think of Tom Hanks fire starting scenes in Castaway.... :laughing7:

PhilHill said:
That picture made me think of Tom Hanks fire starting scenes in Castaway.... :laughing7:

Cast Away is such an excellent movie.
Did you notice that the musical score in it doesn't start until Tom Hanks manages to leave the island - ie pretty far towards the end of the movie?

Logrinn said:
PhilHill said:

Cast Away is such an excellent movie.
Did you notice that the musical score in it doesn't start until Tom Hanks manages to leave the island - ie pretty far towards the end of the movie?

I really hadn't noticed before, but now that I think back, your right. It was one of those movies where pretty much everyone involved was top shelf and at the top of their game. Now I'm going to have to watch it again.... :icon_thumright:

Well, this is with one coat of spray-on sanding sealer...

HgWycu.jpg

2gbUwQ.jpg

DA9mzM.jpg

AaeY5f.jpg

. It might just work out............... :hello2:

The top came out a lot better than I thought it would. For once the maple smiled on me..... :cool01:

PhilHill said:
The top came out a lot better than I thought it would. For once the maple smiled on me..... :cool01:
For sure, without the finish, it's just kinda ho-hum....But then....
batman-pow.jpg

Thanks All for the kind comments. I did a couple coats of sanding sealer and then, well, sanded smooth. Followed that with three coats of satin lacquer and now she waits for it all to harden. In the meantime I can decide on and order a neck and hardware. I'm kinda thinking on a maple neck with ebony board and vintage tint clear. Then some black hardware to go with the ebony. But there is a walnut neck in the showcase............... :icon_scratch:

Phil back with another cracker.

That top really popped, I was not expecting that. Really elevated this piece.

It's bananas and I really love it. Some beautiful wood being put to good, artistic, use.

The 45 degree chamfer really is a Phil Hill signature feature now.

Dr Excess said:
Phil back with another cracker.

That top really popped, I was not expecting that. Really elevated this piece.

It's bananas and I really love it. Some beautiful wood being put to good, artistic, use.

The 45 degree chamfer really is a Phil Hill signature feature now.

Thanks mucho. I have come to like the 45 a lot. Gonna start using it more as I go along. It's also a lot easier to finish sand than a radius, at least I think so.... :headbang:

Extinguished Sun said:
Absolutely fantastic work, sir.

Gracias. It's nice to hear that people like them, making them helps keep me from going bonkers in today's world....  :tard:

Stunning indeed.  I like the shape.  It almost has acoustic like proportions with the shallow cut outs

DMRACO said:
Stunning indeed.  I like the shape.  It almost has acoustic like proportions with the shallow cut outs

Thanks. I was trying for just that type of thing, I've always liked the idea of an electric that resembles a small acoustic with a cutout. However, you can't go too close to an actual acoustic or you risk reintroducing the feedback problems that inspired the invention of solid-bodies in the first place... :guitaristgif:

Back