We don't need no stinkin' table!

Here's another picture showing the amber.

Amber-In-Guitar.jpg

WOW!! Now your talking about stuff I didn't even new existed in guitar building, though again one of those," well of course why not Ideas ".
I mean amber in the wood, interesting, awesome looking and even better from a 35,000 year old tree.......

I like the Idea of a Mahogany core as well, because of the warmth factor, I can only speculate, but Im thinking anything that is so figured that its strength is compromised and has to be used primarily for laminates, well to me it would seem to go along with the laminate theory of brightening the tone, being its a thin slice glued and finished over, which will obviously strengthen and stiffen it structuraly as well as dampen its natural tone and cause it too probably brighten what ever it gets sandwiched too.

Though after having the experience of Black Korina, I happen to like its lighter, more porous qualities, structuraly and tonally, so I like the Idea of Korina even more.  Whatever you choose it should be pretty Impressive, and it will defiantly be interesting to hear wether it sounds as good as a guitar as it looked as a Table.....hahahahaahahahah :laughing7:

This has got to be a hoot down at work......hahahaahahha :laughing7:

I checked the sight.  I tell you that is some amazing wood.  Gregg when you flying to New Zealand to buy some wood?

This remindes me of my late uncle. He died at 96 yrs old. He told me that he once in his youth was thinkin of buying an engagement ring to his girlfriend, but then he came a cross this awesome giutar.. As he told me: There's a lot of pretty girls out there, but this guitar was one of a kind..

Gregg Stewart said:
No kidding, that Strat and Tele are pretty amazing pieces.

I agree on that.
But their headstocks are really awful in my humble opinion. Check the site: http://www.langcaster.com/guitars-bassguitars.html

SkuttleFunk said:
so where's images of the new geetar Gregg? I wanna see that Tablekaster  :blob7:

all the best,

R

yeah no kidding. please gregg what is the status on the guitar?  the suspense is killing me

Those Langcasters are gorgeous guitars. Yes those headstocks  are something I don't know if I could ever get used to despite
them being designed after native NZ Mauri patterns.

DiMitriR33 said:
SkuttleFunk said:
so where's images of the new geetar Gregg? I wanna see that Tablekaster  :blob7:

all the best,

R

yeah no kidding. please gregg what is the status on the guitar?  the suspense is killing me

Well the table is cut up into some incredible lam tops. I got distracted with my last LP build so I haven't really decided what to make next though I am leaning strongly towards a Gecko 5 String Bass. I would love to have a 35" scale bass for the studio. Thanks for asking!

I tryed to talk with the guys from Langcaster to have a body from them... They answered that they would use it for theyr stuffs... I understood as they only sells the entire guitar... ask for a quote and they asked again: only theyr stuff... I thought WTF stuff? And they answered that they are not selling anymore...
Are this correct?? Or they just got mad because I asked for only a body  :icon_biggrin:

Hey WillyK, does that wood is there in Australia too or only NZ??  :blob7:

I like your design, but to me that wood is just too flashy, tho I'm sure the finished guitar will turn out awesome.  Looks like a giant slice of brain on the picture :laughing8:.

Thepriebster said:
Those Langcasters are gorgeous guitars. Yes those headstocks  are something I don't know if I could ever get used to despite
them being designed after native NZ Mauri patterns.
I'll have to agree, some very beautiful guitars, most definately....But the neck would have to go....The headstocks are just stooooooopid.

Boobala said:
That should produce a very Langcaster-like guitar.
That kinda reminds me of this guys guitars. W. paul Jawarsky.
wpaul4.jpg

The Wood
The legend behind Timeless Timber(tm) Guitars made by William Paul Jarowsky originated in the late 1800's when the logging industry was at its highest peak in history. Huge quantities of wood were harvested at that time and floated by raft for processing. Many logs sank to the murky depths of the lakes surrounding the mills, and were forgotten until 1991 when diver Scott Mitchen uncovered them at the bottom of Lake Superior.

The wood was preserved in pristine condition due to being entombed in the icy oxygen depleted environment. In addition, bacteria had stripped all of the impurities, leaving billions of microscopic chambers throughout the wood. These chambers produce a rich resonance and tone depth unheard before now. Forest growth in the 1800's was dense. Trees had intense competition for sunlight, and therefore grew slowly. Timeless Timber(tm) is approximately 400 - 600 years in age depending on the particular piece, and has 40 to 50 growth rings per inch, compared with wood growing today, which has roughly 4 to 6 growth rings per inch. Learning of Mitchen's find, W. Paul Jarowsky of Waukesha, Wisconsin, sought and obtained exclusive guitar production rights to Timeless Timber(tm) for his original handmade, patented "sculptured soundport system" instruments. For more information on Timeless Timber(tm) please visit www.oldlogs.com

Back