Warmoth Jam #13 - LUCKY 13

Doughboy

Here it is, Lucky #13  :blob7:

It's a 32 Bar Track that changes keys from D to E.

The track is wide open with just Bass & Drums so you can solo over it using any style.

It's 8 bars in the Key of D - 8 Bars in the Key of E - 8 bars in the Key of D - 8 Bars in the Key of E - End.

Deadline is in 2 weeks on Feb 14th.

Good luck to all...

http://www.mediafire.com/?h1umlkg5rnedwtv

I'm in. Nice one on the backing track, sounds interesting at first listen, hope I can do something good to it  :icon_thumright:

Well, I'm definitely in, obviously. I'm just wondering where our usual cast of characters are? GoDrex has been MIA for weeks.

My intent is to try this one as well. I left some room to improve on the #12 jam, so I am going to try to tighten up a little and see what I can produce here.

I can't believe the low turn outs we're getting now a days for these jams.  :icon_scratch:

What happened to our regular soloists elfro89, djf67, GoDrex, kböman or even Mullyman who started this whole thing?

Are we nearing the end of these jams due to lack of interest? I hope not, as I really love doing & hearing everyone's solos?

I've been completely wiped out the last week by a very nasty virus (see different thread) and could barely look at a guitar. Also I have a new computer with nothing installed on it yet in the way of Cubase/GuitarRig... But maybe later this week.

I wonder what's happened to Gary, haven't seen him here or on Facebook for weeks now :-\

Edit: Well, that explains it a bit - I've been defriended on FB.

kböman said:
I've been completely wiped out the last week by a very nasty virus (see different thread) and could barely look at a guitar. Also I have a new computer with nothing installed on it yet in the way of Cubase/GuitarRig... But maybe later this week.

I wonder what's happened to Gary, haven't seen him here or on Facebook for weeks now :-\

Edit: Well, that explains it a bit - I've been defriended on FB.

Gary defriended you???? I haven't seen him here in ages so I sent him an e-mail asking if he was ok & how we all missed his posts & never got a response. I hope he's ok.

In my case its because Im constantly having to do similar stuff for college in regards to jazz harmonies. Constantly trying to explore all the different routes and possibilities when your changing key every 10 seconds can really wear you out a bit till my head practically explodes, so when it comes to the jams I generally can't be arsed. I do pop my head in every once in ahwile to look around :) but most of the time I like to unwind playing my Van Halen and all the ussual guitar doodles.

I got an idea though, how about we collaborate to make a song? instead of just creating a backing track and then having everyone solo over it how about we choose a style of music, have everyone write a different part and then have someone mix it down and arrange it to make a full song? ...then we solo over it XD

elfro89 said:
In my case its because Im constantly having to do similar stuff for college in regards to jazz harmonies. Constantly trying to explore all the different routes and possibilities when your changing key every 10 seconds can really wear you out a bit till my head practically explodes, so when it comes to the jams I generally can't be arsed. I do pop my head in every once in ahwile to look around :) but most of the time I like to unwind playing my Van Halen and all the ussual guitar doodles.

I got an idea though, how about we collaborate to make a song? instead of just creating a backing track and then having everyone solo over it how about we choose a style of music, have everyone write a different part and then have someone mix it down and arrange it to make a full song? ...then we solo over it XD

That sounds waaaaay too much work for most. Right now, we don't have anyone interested enough to submit a single solo. Imagine if they had to write a part, arrange it, mix it down etc.

The most effective method is what we have, or what we had, which was a backing track, solo submissions & then a final mix, but it seems that no one is interested anymore.

Even GoDrex, who used to be our mixer & most enthusiastic soloist, hasn't logged on in ages, isn't answering his e-mails & is defriending people on favebook.  :dontknow:

Sad times Doughboy. I think everything has its slow and down moments though, stick-ability is where its at. Maybe what the jam needs is some freshness. I still thinking maybe someone posting a drum groove and having a bass player take it and create a part and then letting others jump on board is a good idea. It doesn't need to be loads of work. Another idea, maybe each of us posts a few loops of guitar or bass or something and then have people take these and screw about with it to make their own song of whatever, maybe if the only constraint is a tempo? that way we know everything will work together.

Maybe someone can take a drum loop and then maybe add their own bass and guitar parts, or someone takes a bass part and adds their own drum groove of whatever. And if everyone posts seperate files of their instrument tracks people can steal a bass groove or guitar solo and then mess around with the backing or whatever. I mean it might sound a little complicated but i think it can work. The only draw back is having only a few things posted.

elfro89 said:
Sad times Doughboy. I think everything has its slow and down moments though, stick-ability is where its at. Maybe what the jam needs is some freshness. I still thinking maybe someone posting a drum groove and having a bass player take it and create a part and then letting others jump on board is a good idea. It doesn't need to be loads of work. Another idea, maybe each of us posts a few loops of guitar or bass or something and then have people take these and screw about with it to make their own song of whatever, maybe if the only constraint is a tempo? that way we know everything will work together.

Maybe someone can take a drum loop and then maybe add their own bass and guitar parts, or someone takes a bass part and adds their own drum groove of whatever. And if everyone posts seperate files of their instrument tracks people can steal a bass groove or guitar solo and then mess around with the backing or whatever. I mean it might sound a little complicated but i think it can work. The only draw back is having only a few things posted.

I'm up for anything that will keep these jams going. Perhaps we can take a vote & see what direction we want to go in. Or, we can take a vote on what style of track e want & the person making the track can write in that style, so everyone is happy.

I just want to say that I'll probably do my solo tomorrow and that I'd be happy to practice mixing on these jams. Life has not been friendly the last couple of weeks but I'm still around!

Doughboy said:
elfro89 said:

I'm up for anything that will keep these jams going. Perhaps we can take a vote & see what direction we want to go in. Or, we can take a vote on what style of track e want & the person making the track can write in that style, so everyone is happy.

I like that idea man it sounds pretty cool

one more submission from the new-ish player with clams galore! (but someone has to submit!).

Full mix: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11268039/Warmoth/warmoth13.mp3
Guitar Only: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11268039/Warmoth/warmoth13-guitaronly.mp3

Recorded on Garage Band with my Pod Farm app and a Alex Lifeson patch (Cali Crunch, Screamer, Chorus, Delay, Compressor, Medium Hall Reverb) on my Warmoth Tele on the neck pickup.

:toothy11:

Cool solo & tone, Grabby. I guess this month, it was just you & I. Hopefully this isn't the end of the communal jams.

Thanks Doughboy. I'm trying to work on expanding my horizons, and I appreciate these opportunities.

If the communal jams die, I can say I killed them!

~grabby

grabby said:
Thanks Doughboy. I'm trying to work on expanding my horizons, and I appreciate these opportunities.

If the communal jams die, I can say I killed them!

~grabby

I'm not sure what killed it. Maybe it was my cappy backing tracks or people just got tired of the whole thing. It's too bad, since it was a lot of fun. If enough people are still interested, we can perhaps resurrect it.

Back