Warmoth Giveaway Sweepstakes!!

Of course you ask friends to vote! You'd be crazy not to. Unfortunately it simply means that someone with 10,000 "friends" will likely win. I have about 50.

Jumble Jumble said:
Unfortunately it simply means that someone with 10,000 "friends" will likely win. I have about 50.

Is that 50 real friends ? 

:icon_jokercolor:

Yes, which is my point. I only add people on facebook who I know in real life and who I would happily spend an evening in the pub with.

Of the ones I have been able to see, there are some really cool ideas.  There are also some, shall we say, not so cool ideas... :laughing7:  But, everyone has different taste.  I guess the point is that a lot can be done via W.

DocNrock said:
Of the ones I have been able to see, there are some really cool ideas.  There are also some, shall we say, not so cool ideas... :laughing7:  But, everyone has different taste.  I guess the point is that a lot can be done via W.

Yeah, I'm using this as a platform to steal ideas, I've already seen a couple combos I would never have thought about doing but look great.

I've got a couple mockups, but I haven't had a chance to get on FB to enter. But knowing there are already so many entries (and votes) has me wondering if it's not to late already...  :(

Jumble Jumble said:
Yes, which is my point. I only add people on facebook who I know in real life and who I would happily spend an evening in the pub with.
-Yep to that... I only got about 38 or so last time I looked.  :eek:ccasion14:

Here's my "Korina in the Shell"; vintage-tint masked binding w/ shell pink on a chambered Korina body w/ Phat-Cat P-90's. -I might have gone with the P-Rails if they had cream-colored version on the builder... just for looks.

Attachments

• Warmoth Sweepstakes Entry.jpg
    Warmoth Sweepstakes Entry.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 328
John St. Jelly said:
I've got a couple mockups, but I haven't had a chance to get on FB to enter. But knowing there are already so many entries (and votes) has me wondering if it's not to late already...  :(

Remember...there still the random drawing for the $100 gift certificate for anyone with more than 5 votes.

Also remember, we have other contests of various kinds planned later this year. If you don't dig this one, maybe another one will float your boat. They are all on FB, however, so if you don't do FB you won't be able to enter.

Jumble Jumble said:
Of course you ask friends to vote! You'd be crazy not to. Unfortunately it simply means that someone with 10,000 "friends" will likely win. I have about 50.

Oh, it's yours is it!  :icon_jokercolor:

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
UK Phil said:
Every time I go one there, the site just locks up my PC. It gets slower and slower until the whole thing comes to a grinding halt! :evil4:

Google the app FB Purity.  It cleans up all the crap that Facebook adds so you can eventually just get a white screen with your desired content.  You can customize what you see, block all invites, not just the ones that Facebook allows you to block.

http://www.fbpurity.com

Thanks for this. It did improve it, but it is still typical Facebook crock of shite! When I scroll down, I see all the votes on most until after about ten pages where it is just the pictures.

Anyway, my conclusion is mine is still the best!  :blob7:

UK Phil said:
TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
UK Phil said:
Every time I go one there, the site just locks up my PC. It gets slower and slower until the whole thing comes to a grinding halt! :evil4:

Google the app FB Purity.  It cleans up all the crap that Facebook adds so you can eventually just get a white screen with your desired content.  You can customize what you see, block all invites, not just the ones that Facebook allows you to block.

http://www.fbpurity.com

Thanks for this. It did improve it, but it is still typical Facebook crock of shite! When I scroll down, I see all the votes on most until after about ten pages where it is just the pictures.

Anyway, my conclusion is mine is still the best!  :blob7:

Go into the FB Purity settings, and trim the fat like crazy.  This helps big time.

My Entry is attached.  I was going for a curly maple top on a swamp ash body in Blueburst with a universal route, single-ply glossy black pickguard with a HSS route, and Duncan Distortion humbucker in the bridge and Quarter Pounders in the middle and neck.  I would select Blackouts if they were an option on the Warmoth site.  It is my blueburst tribute to Steve Lukather's Valley Arts guitar from the mid-1980s.  I have over 900 "friends" on Facebook but only 28 people liked my submission and I was one of them!  Cool contest though.

Attachments

• BAB_Entry_LukatherBluburst.jpg
    BAB_Entry_LukatherBluburst.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 349
TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
Cool contest indeed.
I only had 10 "likes", and I still had fun. 
I really enjoyed the diversity of ideas that people had.
It just goes to show how many things you can do with a basically strat body. I was kinda surprised that someone posted something like what my idea was. 

I didn't care too much about this, partly because I will never win, and partly because it was bound to be won by whoever had the most friends and followers. In any case, I cobbled together something, and ended up having trouble sharing the link. I had to submit three times before it told me I had submit anything, and then the links on the page would not work for me in two different browsers. Oh well. :dontknow:

This was my entry, inspired by my actual Strat. (And yes, the knob placement is off. I don't know why.)
16071324723_f4667b60fa_o.png

Fun contest and interesting outcome.  I liked two of the top five.  It would have been awesome if the number of votes each of the top five received would have been posted, as well. 

@line6man: Know how ya feel. I only got a few fb friends, but only a few of 'em could figure out that they had to GO TO W'S PAGE TO VOTE. Everybody (nearly all 38 or so) just "liked" it right there on their feed, and wouldn't click the link to the contest.  :doh:

The tone knob is off 'cuz ya started out rear-routed, then went back and switched to top-route; the builder image's control holes don't re-position accordingly when the steps are completed out of order. (I suffered some indecision while cookin' mine up as well!)  :laughing7:

Cagey said:
Sounds like fun! Unfortunately, I won't be able to participate. I'd rather take a beating than set up a Facebook account.
I'll second that, no Facebook account here.

Considering that they'll be doing a variety of different sweepstakes in the future, I take into consideration that this one was geared toward a demographic that happens to utilize Facebook as a viable social media, which further expands Warmoth's view-able potential clientele. 

No contest in and of itself will ever be a "be-all/end-all" that will satisfy everyone, but over the course of the next months/years, they'll be able to touch a variety of people and then appeal to more people.

I don't use Twitter or Pinterest, but I wouldn't get my feelings hurt if they targeted them for a future contest, even though I wouldn't be able to enter, nor would I want to set up an account with the express purpose of entering that contest. 

At the end of the day, someone gets a free item, which Warmoth is under no obligation to give stock away, so either way, the consumer wins. 
I think so many people have a sense of entitlement that if every single situation does not cater to them, they are offended, which I think is a flaw in humanity.

Back