Warmoth #2 - Purple Strat NEW PICS WITH NECK!!!

hannaugh said:
Well crap.  I just lost one of my jobs, so I probably won't be getting a neck soon unless I can figure out some way to replace that monthly cash pretty quick here.  Freaking A. 

Deliver pizzas part time at night!  My buddy owns a pizza place, and since we both did that in college, he sometimes calls me and asks me to save his hind end when someone doesn't show up.  In all honestly, it's a super fun part time job if you have a beater car.  I kept my '83 accord around just for this purpose.  I make between 15 and 30 bucks an hour, and at least half of that is under the table (read: no taxes).  It's great money in 3-4 hour dinner shifts but goes down from there.

-Mark

Okay well it looks like I'll be able to make up some of the hours I lost at my other job, and my husband is going to work for his dad for a few days a month.  So I think we've got it covered.  I'll be ordering the neck soon, but I think it's gonna have to be regular maple cause I can't spare the extra for the flame or the canary.  Though I think I'll wait a week or two to see how many extra hours I'll be getting at work.  If I get a lot, I might spring for the canary after all.  We'll have to see. 

hannaugh said:
Okay well it looks like I'll be able to make up some of the hours I lost at my other job, and my husband is going to work for his dad for a few days a month.  So I think we've got it covered.  I'll be ordering the neck soon, but I think it's gonna have to be regular maple cause I can't spare the extra for the flame or the canary.  Though I think I'll wait a week or two to see how many extra hours I'll be getting at work.  If I get a lot, I might spring for the canary after all.  We'll have to see. 
Unfinished, Canary could easily be cheaper than finished maple.

Max said:
hannaugh said:
Unfinished, Canary could easily be cheaper than finished maple.

+1  :icon_thumright:
Canary for the win...

I just ran my ideas through the neck builder, here are the results:

Finished regular maple neck with the options I want = $332

Raw canary neck with the same options = $397

Finished flame maple with the same options = $412

Return of Guitlouie said:
Here is my reservation about the SS frets; if they end up needing some work, are they going to be obnoxious for me to work on?

The tech that I frequent answered a similar question that I put to him thusly "Well, first off, they won't need work nearly as often, and unless you are just a crybaby, the level of attention to get them worked out right is not that much more.....so if you take the exponential difference in time between work done, and the amount of extra time that will be spent on the work, you'd be silly not to use the SS, unless, of course, you are one of those guys who claims to "hear" a difference!"

He's a funny guy.  

And since he can't hear the difference he thusly became a guitar tech instead of player lol. SS frets, a must for Chicken Pickers! Thats like saying the nut material does not make a difference because unless your playing an open string or fretless guitar or slide, the frets are the nut. And therefore make a difference. Bone frets would wear way too fast haha.

My neck has arrived in Sylmar, which is 49 miles away.  Scheduled dropoff is tomorrow!  Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!  :cool01: :hello2: :toothy12: :guitarplayer2: :headbang1:

4402398034_0b30d29f23_b.jpg

4402396884_4b70804507_b.jpg

4402394494_edafa05654_b.jpg

4401629867_97c6d84eeb_b.jpg

4401626279_6ecd70af18_b.jpg

4402393384_6a0e2e983d_b.jpg

SO MUCH WINNNNN!!!

Back