Walnut Velocity and Warmouth neck

Bear Brower

I didn't see an introduction thread, so what better way to introduce myself...

Hi there!

I was named Bear my me best friend's mom about 30 years ago and it stuck.

So here it is, a solid walnut Velocity body and walnut Warmouth neck with Indian Rosewood fingerboard. Abalone dots
All black hardware. Schaller 475 bridge and Schaller locking tuners.
2 SD P-rails with Triple Shot rings.
Black knobs with abalone tops.

I wanted the hardware to be a bit understated and let the grain steal the show.

I was originally going to go satin poly over Watco tung oil finish, but now that I've got 5 coats built up, I may just skip the poly clear coat. I'm kinda digging the look

Attachments

• PXL_20211214_211432756.jpg
    PXL_20211214_211432756.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 348
Thanks!
This is my ground up build. I've refinished/upgraded my old Matsamoku Vantage Avenger and have done plenty of tinkering,but never from scratch.

I fear catching the fever, because I'm already envisioning a quilt top PAF type of build for the next one.

Bear Brower said:
I fear catching the fever, because I'm already envisioning a quilt top PAF type of build for the next one.

A valid concern, I hadn't finished my mahogany & rosewood strat build when I pulled the trigger on a quilt maple soloist body & birdseye neck. I was originally thinking Lollar's take on a PAF.

Depending on when I get the project finished, I'm hoping for Q-tuner 4 wire neo HBs. Those are unobtanium for months now, so I may go with the Lollar dB humbucker.

I * think that's the last guitar build for a good long time. I've some desire to start with wood, maybe even an acoustic.

Back