Vic's new Tele TFG parts

yeah i was about to say!!! that knob wouldve gotten in the way a little! oh btw,  its looking relly damn good man

Started wiring today -

Got the toggle switch wired, thru the f/hole into the the hole I made in the upper bout (picture later) and its not as bad as you'd think.  Really, not much fuss to it at all.

Then I had to rewire the P90, as... the wiring plan I'm using requires independent leads for the coil, not connected to ground.  So, here it is
IMG_9376_1.jpg

What I did was pull the single conductor core out of the braid... using it to pull two thin conductors through at the same time.  Worked pretty well, except.. gotta be careful soldering the braid to the body of the pickup, as the first time I melted the inner conductors together.  I've got a plan for the control side of things that will eliminat that problem to a great degree. 

Surgery complete... time for a break

>later on<
IMG_9380.gif

And there's the toggle.  Where it oughta be!

More... you can see the bright blue knob tamed down a little, but I'll give Vic a black one too.

The light speed knobs stay !

Check out the terminal strip - this is needed for the multi switching done by the rotary switch (still in the works)

IMG_9391.jpg

IMG_9392.jpg

No BFT progress tonite.... spent the nite replacing all the sub-C cells in the DeWalt battery pack.  Tabbed Sub-C's, 1700mAh, $30, new pack... like $80.  Makes sense to refit 'em.  (and I charged it without it melting down either... amazing)

Da Switch

switch.jpg

3 way, selects parallel, series, or parallel out of phase, one pickup thru a capacitor (.022). 
Doesn't have to be Orange Drop.  One set of contacts shorts out the toggle switch, making both pickups always active when you choose series or out of phase (since you need to pickups for those settings anyway).

Fun is not getting that @#$@# switch in.

I've gone to plan B.

Plan B is a full size hole in the body to accept the switch, and it gets mounted on the pickguard... dropped in from above.

Pictures to follow shortly...

First plug the hole so the drill can center itself on something.
IMG_9682.gif

Then make the hole
IMG_9684.gif

I've got the switch all fitted, works great... but I'm gonna add spacer to make the elevation good, so the knob sits low to the pickguard.

relax
IMG_9689.gif

all is well, just need to get some washers for the spacing of the switch, so the chicken head isn't up too high

Back