Two Pedals. My only two. (okay three)

vikingred

Jumped in and grabbed these two online today (the only two I'll have ever owned, I've always played straight through nasty solid state amps).  I recently acquired the Swart STR which is a wonderful 5 watt tweed/tube amp and I am delighted with it.  But I needed two things: OD/Fuzz, and delay.  So, in my quest for the best I grabbed these.  Super excited:

1. The JHS Muffuletta Distortion / Fuzz seen here - "The heart of the Muffuletta is the fact that it replicates five (yes five) classic Big Muff circuits from years gone by as well as a new and original JHS version for a total of six Muff models. All executed without any digital signal processing or digital emulation. When you choose a model, you are achieving analog tone that uses real components and values found in the original units. We have selected our favorite classic versions from the pages of history and made them available in one small format pedal that is easy to understand, operate and does what it should do… replicate rare, expensive, mythical and sought after versions of this circuit with ease."

JHS-Pedals-Muffuletta-side.jpg

DIG IT:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK1BLH-KkT0
[/youtube]

and...

2. Gurus Echosex 2 LTD (20th Anniversary Limited Numbered Edition) - seen here - "To celebrate the Cicognani Engineering’s 20th anniversary, we let Guglielmo dreams about a perfect Echosex 2° completely focused on Guitar use, simulating a perfectly restored Binson Unit. This run in a limited numbered series of only 500 units.- Custom colour with “Martellato” finishing.  Let it shine and guide you to the most psychedelic zone you ever heard."  Check out this review on Gilmourish.com

- Max. Delay as a standard Binson with the “Gilmour Mod near to 440ms.
  - More focus on Guitar use (fitted input impedance)
  - More Clarity

gurusamps_echosex_review.jpg

DIG IT:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NipK5GtuN8A[/youtube]

EDIT: 

3.  Added "The Donner Looper".  Cheap, and small, but cool and has 10 minutes of overdubs....whuut?

donner-mini_looper_001.jpg

I think the Muffuletta is the only pedal that I had wished someone would build before they built it. I only wish they'd built it before I bought the muffs that I already have. The only muff sound it doesn't do is the IC muff which was used on Siamese Dream.

I've heard many good things about the Echosex. Although, when I saw the price tag, I decided my current delay is good enough.

Jet-Jaguar said:
I think the Muffuletta is the only pedal that I had wished someone would build before they built it. I only wish they'd built it before I bought the muffs that I already have. The only muff sound it doesn't do is the IC muff which was used on Siamese Dream.

I've heard many good things about the Echosex. Although, when I saw the price tag, I decided my current delay is good enough.

I'm really looking forward to the pedals coming in this week.  It's my birthday this week, so I figured I'd treat myself.  :laughing11:  But, I think pedals are like anything else, you think you need only one or two, then it's three, etc.  The only other thing I really see myself wanting is a looper---lay down a nice crunchy/fuzzy rhythm without too much delay, then go back and layer.  The Electro Harmonix Nano Looper 360 is very reasonably priced.  :toothy12:

NanoLooper360-large.jpg

Jet-Jaguar said:
I think the Muffuletta is the only pedal that I had wished someone would build before they built it. I only wish they'd built it before I bought the muffs that I already have. The only muff sound it doesn't do is the IC muff which was used on Siamese Dream...

I have a few different Muff style pedals and the tonal differences are minimal. At some point I started to wonder why people collect so many of them, I have seen huge collections online.

Kostas said:
Jet-Jaguar said:
I think the Muffuletta is the only pedal that I had wished someone would build before they built it. I only wish they'd built it before I bought the muffs that I already have. The only muff sound it doesn't do is the IC muff which was used on Siamese Dream...

I have a few different Muff style pedals and the tonal differences are minimal. At some point I started to wonder why people collect so many of them, I have seen huge collections online.

Hmm, that's interesting.  I've listened to a number of them online and in person, and I can tell quite a distinctive difference between them.  What I'm happy about is that this pedal gives me 5 choices of different muffs.  Who can argue with that? (A virtual five-some).  When I listen to the video the differences are sometimes subtle but quite apparent.

I respect any pedal named after my fav hometown sandwich.

That's a seriously cool duo.  I enjoyed the Musket Fuzz for a spell, but never really knew what to do with the tones at the time.  I always ended up tweaking it to be too close to my amp's lead channel.

You, my Nordic colleague, may have unwittingly instigated a "desert island" pedal thread!

fdesalvo said:
I respect any pedal named after my fav hometown sandwich.

That's a seriously cool duo.  I enjoyed the Musket Fuzz for a spell, but never really knew what to do with the tones at the time.  I always ended up tweaking it to be too close to my amp's lead channel.

You, my Nordic colleague, may have unwittingly instigated a "desert island" pedal thread!

fdesalvo!  You from NOLA?  I am right next door here in BR.  And yep, if I had to pick two/three pedals desert island style, they'd be these, and I did stay up late last night researching and decided on a looper "The Donner Looper" grabbed it on Amazon.  Here is a pic:

donner-mini_looper_001.jpg

So we'll see how this rig goes.  Very compact but power packed.  Prolly build a lil pedal box to house all three.  Don't think I need anything else.

...for now  :tard:

Arrival.  Got #130/500 on the Echosex 2 LTD, and #714 on the Muffaletta.  714?  Lemmon?  Anyone remember?  :dontknow:

n2onEOG.jpg

QuibGES.jpg

fdesalvo said:
Yes I am!

My sis and parents just moved to Denham Springs, son!  Where y'at?!!!!

I'm off 447 in Walker, but technically at a Denham address.  Arbor Walk subdivision.  Can't find a good proper Muffaletta round here tho, gotta go to NOLA for that.  :glasses9:

Haha!  Sweet man!  I might give you a jingle when I get down that way next time.  If I learn of any good sammich shops around you, I'll ping ya.  :party07:

fdesalvo said:
Haha!  Sweet man!  I might give you a jingle when I get down that way next time.  If I learn of any good sammich shops around you, I'll ping ya.  :party07:

Cool Frank.  Holler if yer in town.  BTW, the Echosex 2 LTD is INSANE.  I stayed up late last night trying it out.  It's crazy man, sounds so killer.  The Muffuletta never got out of the box, gonna try it this weekend.

vikingred said:
fdesalvo said:

Cool Frank.  Holler if yer in town.  BTW, the Echosex 2 LTD is INSANE.  I stayed up late last night trying it out.  It's crazy man, sounds so killer.  The Muffuletta never got out of the box, gonna try it this weekend.

Sweet!

Gonna look those two guys up on youtube and see if I need to kick anything off of my board lol.  I've been enjoying a really compact rig as of late.

Back