TV Yellow P90 Tele - assembly pics inside!

tfarny said:
Fantastic! Love your photo essay too - it's the little things, done well, that really make the difference between 'parts axe' and 'custom instrument'.

+1000  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

I love your guitar, but mostly I like the pics and detailed descriptions

This has got to be one of my all time favorite threads ever. Very fun read

Loving it man. I love all your guitars. They're just sorta how Teles and Les Pauls should have turned out. Killer job with the details and I'm sure it sounds amazing. Is the finish nitro? If so it'll look even better when it starts to age. Great build.  :eek:ccasion14:

All I can say is WOW. Thank you for posting all the photos. Now I am really inspired to make my own Tele.  :blob7: :guitarplayer2: :headbang: :hello2: :party07: :headbang1:

Frak, that's cool.  I also love the step by step photos.  I wish more of the guys here would do that, a lot of tips and tricks would uncover themselves that way.  I myself was way too excited to put my guitars together to be able to stop and take photos, so I commend you, my friend.  Really cooooool Tele there, man.  Thanks.

tfarny said:
Fantastic! Love your photo essay too - it's the little things, done well, that really make the difference between 'parts axe' and 'custom instrument'.

I'm all about the details.  It's true - it's what seperates a custom axe from a partsocaster...

I had so much fun documenting the build... and especially sharing it with you guys, my Warmoth bros.  I'm going to do it from now on with all my builds.

RockStarNick said:
I'm all about the details.  It's true - it's what seperates a custom axe from a partsocaster...

I had so much fun documenting the build... and especially sharing it with you guys, my Warmoth bros.  I'm going to do it from now on with all my builds.

you won't get any complaints here  :icon_thumright:  there isn't much i like seeing more than a project starting from scratch up to a finished project. and even better if i can see it in all one day! no waiting for days or weeks for it to be completed

Fantastic work and photo commentary.  You should publish it in a photo hosting site and create a link for all the refer to for later references.

killer stuff! 

if you need another narrow-spaced Fender hardtail, i have a brand new one for sale cheap!

Great job on the build!!  I'm lazier than you are.  Usually when I'm shielding a hole like that, I just use some paint on stuff.  I imagine that the tape would work better... Thoughts anyone?

I'm not a huge fan of Tele's but this one took me by surprise. Awesome Build! That Pickguard is cool, great job. Almost has a vintage 59 Danelectro thing going on. Cool!

actually copper is not better.
that is conventional wisdom but it is not true. fender uses aluminum under the pick guard to quiet hum caused by dimmer switches. if it weren't for bill lawrence i wouldn't have known why they use aluminum.

http://billlawrence.com/Pages/ForTeleLovers.htm

Back