Trans Black Tele

The reverse headstock is an aesthetic thing, so there's no right or wrong to it. But, "ergonomics" isn't always a Good Thing. Look at Dvorak computer keyboard layouts, or the Microsoft "ergonomic" keyboards. They both work, and arguably better than the standard, which is the way it is for no good reason any more. However, they're weird, so few people can deal with them. The straight QWERTY 'board is what 99.99% of the machines out there use, so if you choose an oddball you're going to have trouble with the vast majority of the rest of the world, and they're going to have trouble with you.

Cagey said:
The reverse headstock is an aesthetic thing, so there's no right or wrong to it. But, "ergonomics" isn't always a Good Thing. Look at Dvorak computer keyboard layouts, or the Microsoft "ergonomic" keyboards. They both work, and arguably better than the standard, which is the way it is for no good reason any more. However, they're weird, so few people can deal with them. The straight QWERTY 'board is what 99.99% of the machines out there use, so if you choose an oddball you're going to have trouble with the vast majority of the rest of the world, and they're going to have trouble with you.
:toothy12:

I like it with the pickguard. Yes there's lots of lovely quilt on it, but understatement is allowed too. You don't have to show every single square inch of it.

Hey - split keyboards rule, and there's no learning curve unless you type poorly to begin with.

I can't say that I like rings on any single, but the one Warmoth is selling is especially hideous, and only looks period correct on 57 Bel Aires and other Bigsby type instruments.

Updown said:
Perry Combover said:
The pup ring does kinda look like a sore thumb.  Thanks for the input Updown.  That just may be the way to go.

I turned the headstock around just for kicks and i liked the way it looked. 
No difference, just a personal thing ........ personally I don't like it reversed  :tard:

Here's examples of pup rings.
Where I've used them ....
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=19269.0
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=16573.0

Where I haven't .... http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=19397.msg290817#msg290817

Great pics Updown.  I probably will go with the no pup ring look. BTW, from Oz and a Star Wars fan?  Must be a good bloke.  :headbang:

Good to hear everyone's opinion.  I still like the reverse headstock and probably will chuck the pickguard.

I've been using a spilt keyboard since 94. A plain flat kb is like using 3 saddle bridges & klusons.

Perry Combover said:
Great pics Updown. 
I probably will go with the no pup ring look.
BTW, from Oz and a Star Wars fan?  Must be a good bloke.  :headbang:
:icon_thumright: .... thanks

By going 'without' a mount ring 1st up is best option, to see what you think for yourself.
Then can always add it on later if ya think it would look best with it.
You would kick yourself silly, if you screwed the mount ring on 1st and didn't like it that way.  :sad1:

Just the Chrome neck pup against the black finish would look tops.
Be like a chrome tappet cover on a engine block  :icon_biggrin:

Defiantly NO NO NO NO pickguard ..... that would just kill it  :sad:

Anyway once you end up with some extra bits & pieces lying around, it becomes a great excuse for
another build  :guitarplayer2:

GORGEOUS!!  :headbang:

for pickups you might want to checkout Roadhouse Pickups, I've heard awesome things about 'em!  :eek:ccasion14:

I had to google Tappet Cover to confirm it was what I thought it was (valve cover).
Any of the choices for pickguard or neck are fine as long as you don't use the unergonomic reversed headstocks

::I don't know 'bout that chrome p-up ring either, but
whatever else you decide on, pickguard or not, reverse headstock or not, it's gonna be a very
different lookin' & cool piece with that body/neck combo...Nice One!    :icon_thumright:

Well, regardless of the final composition, this will spruce up the back side....

IMG_8134.jpg

Another jem by DangerousR6.

Updown said:
Yummie  :icon_thumright: .... Love it  :icon_biggrin:

Why ? 
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=17679.0
:icon_biggrin:

You took the words  right out of my mouth, two thumbs up to you! I would have said the same thing, but you beat me to it! Yummy is right!

Gorgeous wood and finish, but I wouldn't do black inlays or binding like that.  :icon_scratch:

Back