Trans Black Tele

Yes, absolutely.  Shameless plugs for Dangerous Doug's work will be happily displayed in my posts.  :eek:ccasion14:

Check out his thread here:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=2754.0

There are clear pickguards readily available. From the full-sized, Telecaster-shaped ones to some really thin stick-on ones that classical and flamenco guitarists use. I don't know if you need one. It depends on how much you play, what kind of exercises you do, whether your contract stipulates you do Pete Townsend windmills... When I'm bored I just haul off and do various picking and timing games with myself for a while, and I regularly wear a little bald spot where my ring and little fingers squirm around. It only takes a few months if I'm playing that guitar only for 4 hours a day, some of them look as though I have years to go before I hit China.

Perry Combover said:
Yes, absolutely.  Shameless plugs for Dangerous Doug's work will be happily displayed in my posts.  :eek:ccasion14:

Check out his thread here:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=2754.0
:rock-on:

Finally, finally, finally got approval from my ultra-talented hot babe wife to pull the trigger on the neck.  I went round and round with a number of design changes, including just grabbing a worthy pick from the showcase, but I finally decided to build from scratch.  Once I had settled on the design, I pulled the trigger on this:

Warmoth Pro construction
3A Flame Maple neck and fretboard (no inlays, side dots only)
10-16" compound radius
11/16" Nut Width
standard thin back
22 SS6150 stainless frets
Schaller tuner ream
GraphTech Black TUSQ nut
Matching quilted maple peg face and finish
Clear satin nitro neck finish.

10 to 12 weeks seems like an eternity now.  :doh:

wired to go said:
Have you thought of using a black pearl pickguard?

I have, but after a mock up, it was just sort of...Ok.  It's not to say that someday a pickguard may go on, but every time I cover it up that quilt, I lose 7 days off of my life expectancy.

Perry Combover said:
...every time I cover it up that quilt, I lose 7 days off of my life expectancy.

Hehe! I understand. But, I've got several carved top bodies here now without pickguards and even with the remarkable sturdiness of a catalyzed urethane finish, they're showing considerable wear already. Another few years, and these babies are going to start looking like they mated with Willie Nelson's acoustic and caught genital termites.

WillieNelsonsGuitar.jpg

How much would that shorten you life expectancy by?

UPS Shipping notice one week early:

:blob7:  :hello2: :blob7: :hello2: :blob7: :hello2: :blob7: :hello2: :blob7: :hello2: :blob7: :hello2: :blob7: :hello2:

Standby for neck pics on Thursday.  :cool01:

Back