The Return of the Son of How Not To Do It: The Revenge

bagman67

Epic Member
My, my, my:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WARMOTH-TELE-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-NECK-GON-ALVES-EXOTIC-HARDWOOD-EXTREME-FLAME-NEW-/271461737018?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item3f3461623a

Dang art major is pandemic.

It's a fatback. It could still be a nice scalloped standard thin.

That thing looks like it would crumble to pieces if I touched it.

Also, there is a special place in hell for people that put oil finishes on Goncolo Alves necks.

"aND hURRY!!!! i JUST RAN OUT OF cRYSTAL mETH!"

must. keep. working... must. keep. working....

ZorbmaznatangoBango-woh, hi-ya, i bet i can turn this here cat into mini-tiger and sell on ebay! those dummies....

"herekittyherekittyherekittyherekittyherekittyherekittyherekittyherekittyherekitty.................."

I don't know why everyone dislikes this? I think it looks awesome, I've never seen anything like it  :glasses9:

line6man said:
That thing looks like it would crumble to pieces if I touched it.

Also, there is a special place in hell for people that put oil finishes on Goncolo Alves necks.

This might explain the dislikes, but I wanna know why this would break?

The only thing I reacted to was the Fender decal. I don't understand the thing with branding something with something that it's not. Like, if somebody gets an Epiphone why re-brand it to Gibson, or LTD to ESP or Squier to Fender and so on

Or, haha. Let's order some Warmoth necks and put Mighty Mite decals on it  :icon_biggrin:

Cederick, look at the zoomed-in photos. It stops looking like tiger stripes and you can just see what's actually been done to it. It's exactly like if you let a kid attack it with a Sharpie.

Jumble Jumble said:
Cederick, look at the zoomed-in photos. It stops looking like tiger stripes and you can just see what's actually been done to it. It's exactly like if you let a kid attack it with a Sharpie.

And while you're looking at the zoomed-in pictures, take note of the sheen on the finish. It looks like the whole neck probably has an uncomfortable texture to it.

Jumble Jumble said:

Haha ok, didn't look close, just looked and thought "yeah!!!"

line6man said:

-And I'll bet Little Nicky's pop has a full refrigerator of whole pineapples just waitin' for this douche-bag!  :evil4:

There's no accounting for taste. There was clearly a lot of time put into the thing, so it must have seemed like a good idea at the time. And for as much as he's asking for it, it would seem he still thinks it was a good idea. If it was me, it'd be in the fireplace already. Hardwoods burn slow and hot.

That is hideous.  However... that seems a lot more salvagable than the one with the poorly applied poly over a wenge neck, with the badly painted logo & faux binding.  You know: the original "art major".  [shudder]  I don't even want to look for that thread again.

I could see a good sanding taking off most of the ugly sheen on the headstock & back, and polishing the fretboard might make it functional.  Not that I'd even consider spending that much money on what is otherwise ruined wood. . .

ihnpts said:
That is hideous.  However... that seems a lot more salvagable than the one with the poorly applied poly over a wenge neck, with the badly painted logo & faux binding.  You know: the original "art major".  [shudder]  I don't even want to look for that thread again.

I could see a good sanding taking off most of the ugly sheen on the headstock & back, and polishing the fretboard might make it functional.  Not that I'd even consider spending that much money on what is otherwise ruined wood. . .

The art major's masterpiece was also covered in white-out.

Back