November 2017 Guitar of the Month Contest Submissions

My first "good" guitar was an Epiphone ES-335 copy (not to be confused with my first "real" guitar, which was a '61 Gibson Melody Maker), so it had F-holes in it. It was freaky how often I'd drop my pick in that damned upper hole, and with us being poor white trash it was usually my only one. Then, since our parents condemned us kids to the basement most of the time and it was a pretty old place, the spiders were quite pleased to find such a nice place to set up housekeeping. I've never owned anything with F-holes since. I also now own enough picks for about 439 lifetimes, since I keep buying/collecting them even though I almost never lose one :laughing7:

3, yup 3, more entries! michael_mccallie, Amigarobbo and ronios make it a bumper month! There could be more to come!

Ronios....why is this the 1st I am seeing this guitar?!?!?    Nice job.

DMRACO said:

Thank you sir!  Well.. I get nervous.  It's kinda like writing a song.  I write 'em then they sit in confinement until I get the nerve to let anyone listen ;-)

Just in case you were thinking that Teles were a bit thin on the ground this month, e-turc saves the day as entrant #10!

I'm sure it's the angles of the shots, but man! That Bigsby looks huge on there!  :icon_biggrin:

ronios said:
DMRACO said:

Thank you sir!  Well.. I get nervous.  It's kinda like writing a song.  I write 'em then they sit in confinement until I get the nerve to let anyone listen ;-)

Well if your songs are 1/2 as nice as that guitar...Elton John better watch out.

Wow, it just got a lot more difficult. Still not sure how I'm gonna vote, but that definitely helps me thinking about how a large radius tele with all the comfort contours would look. Snazzy.

Holy moly, that's some kind of a murderer's row coming together. 

Guess I'll have to work hard to narrow it down to whichever one gets my vote.

I just want to say it's such a honor to be in this months contest with such amazing guitars and very proud of this community for what everyone produces. May even get the logo tattooed on me one day?  :headbang5

Looks like I picked a bad week to enter the Guitar of the Month contest

9bfa160101440914f72eeb232fb668b5.jpg

I figure I'll finally pick one and feel guilty about not voting for the other nine. :icon_biggrin:

Rgand said:
I figure I'll finally pick one and feel guilty about not voting for the other nine. :icon_biggrin:

The other 10!

Welcome KnowTalent to the contest! Good luck to him!

Good ol' Joe's Music! One of the few good "real" full-service music stores left in the area. A music store's music store.

Why didn't Leo incorporate the forearm cut into the Tele Body?

Love the Engraving

Quite a group!

Has anyone had "Warmoth" burned into the Headstock?

Can I resubmit in Dec if I do it myself? 😉

KnowTalent said:
Why didn't Leo incorporate the forearm cut into the Tele Body?

Has anyone had "Warmoth" burned into the Headstock?

Can I resubmit in Dec if I do it myself? 😉

The Tele was supposed to be a "workingman's guitar" called the "Broadcaster", and as such, had no frills. As simple and inexpensive as he could make it and still be a playable instrument. It eventually was renamed to "Telecaster" over intellectual property claims.

I've not seen "Warmoth" burned into a headstock yet, although we have a member here who's quite the masterful burner. Look up some of Great Ape's work.

You can always resubmit instruments that don't win, but the contest entry requirements change from month to month. Sometimes it's owner-finished, sometimes professionally finished. I think in December, it's second-place month, where all the 2nd place winners from the previous year are given a chance to take first. Then, in January, it's time for "Guitar of the Year". So, earliest opportunity to resubmit anything after this month is gonna be February.

Back