The neck for my new Mooncaster build arrived!

SeattleScotty

Hi Everybody!

I posted here a while ago about the Mooncaster I was planning on building and got some good feedback about it! A couple months ago I ordered the neck, which arrived on Friday! It turned out way better than I was expecting, and I really could not be happier!

Warmoth style, Walnut shaft with a rosewood fingerboard I chose myself, tortoiseshell binding, turqoise inlays. '59 Classic profile and the standard 10 - 16" compound radius.

Here is an album with some pictures:

https://imgur.com/a/55j7s9Q

My one 'critique' and it is so small it barely registers, is that the tortoiseshell binding is very dark so it's hard to see. Not a big deal in the slightest, and it really is an incredible piece of work.

It's going to go on a Mooncaster with a green dyed quilted maple top and tortoise binding, should look really snazzy! I only ordered the body on Friday, since I was waiting for them to add some new veneers to their custom choice section, as they had pretty much been cleanaed out for a few months! They still only have a few nice ones left! Must be busy!  :hello2:

Agreed, that tortoise binding is a lovely detail. I've been looking for pictures of that. And the walnut looks really nice, too.

Thanks everyone! I am glad to hear you guys like it! You are right that there are really no good pictures of tortoiseshell binding on their website, so it was a little bit of a leap of faith, but I was confident it would look cool! Hopefully these and the finished body pictures help some people see what their tortoise looks like.

And the walnut is a lot shinier than I expected, almost like mahogany, but definitely quite different. It's absolutely stunning, and I am excited to see the back of the body in walnut!

Overall, just so incredibly stoked at how it came out and very excited to put this baby together. I already have most of the parts - Fralin Pure PAFs included!

Aw man, I chose turquoise stone as well, on an ebony board. They look cool! I look forward to seeing what I bought!

Back