The L5S

blue313

I finally got some time to break ground.  I get my iron back later today, so hopefully I'll have some more progress tomorrow with the electronics installed.

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

Sweeeeeet lookin' build!  :headbang:
I also hope to do one of these someday.  Is that a Vibramate I see on this axe for a Bigsby install? 
:kewlpics: :rock-on:

bbl4ck said:
Sweeeeeet lookin' build!  :headbang:
I also hope to do one of these someday.  Is that a Vibramate I see on this axe for a Bigsby install? 
:kewlpics: :rock-on:
Yup.

Did you take the jack position into account? I think VA was the one that drilled a pot too close, making it so the jack/pot wouldn't work.

Verry verry nice!  Looking forward to hearing/seeing this one finished!  BTW, we'll need some sound samples as well.

Wooo.........greqt looking guitar.

A word of advice if you are using Vibramate to mount your Bigsby B5.  Get a Locking Roller Bridge  ( http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_Tune-o-matic_bridges/1/Locking_Roller_Bridge/Related_items.html ) to replace the Tune-O-Matic bridge.  Firstly, it helps the guitar to stay in tune better and secondly, it has a better saddle break angle since the Bigsby is very close to the bridge.

Unwound G said:
Wooo.........greqt looking guitar.

A word of advice if you are using Vibramate to mount your Bigsby B5.  Get a Locking Roller Bridge  ( http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_Tune-o-matic_bridges/1/Locking_Roller_Bridge/Related_items.html ) to replace the Tune-O-Matic bridge.  Firstly, it helps the guitar to stay in tune better and secondly, it has a better saddle break angle since the Bigsby is very close to the bridge.

Yes, I can confirm the need for a roller bridge using a Bigsby.  I am currently attempting a Bigsby mount on a V and am having challenges related to the available space on the V body to firmly attach the vibrato.  :icon_scratch:  That is why I was asking about your Vibramate.  It looks like I am going to make a custom manufactured Vibramate for my Bigsby because I am using a B500 and the Vibramate only works on the B5.  :toothy11:  Anyway, I am certainly no expert!  However, I did do extensive research before my purchase, and everything I have read claims keeping in tune with a Bigsby is bloody hell without a roller bridge.

Best of luck and I will stay tuned for further adventures!  :eek:ccasion14:

I actually bought 2 bridges. One standard TOM and one roller.  The only issue I'm running into with the rollers is radiusing the saddles.  I was considering going Graphtech to try for the best of both worlds.

Max said:
Did you take the jack position into account? I think VA was the one that drilled a pot too close, making it so the jack/pot wouldn't work.
Yup, that's what those two small hash marks on the template were for.  :icon_thumright:

Sorry man, I didn't get my iron back yet.  He's supposed to be bringing it by on Saturday night.  Plus I'm supposed to get two PIO caps for compensation.  :icon_biggrin:

Back