The "if only" thread

ironfist

Have you ever seen a piece in the Showcase that you would totally buy in a heartbeat if it wasn't for one little detail you can't stand?

I present to you Exibit A: http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_necks.cfm?type=bass&start=1&menuItem=4&itemNumber=D5N317&subMenuItem=0&subMenuItem2=0

D5N317a.jpg

D5N317b.jpg

I love this neck, and it's a steal at $279.  A goncalo alves + goncalo alves neck isn't listed in the standard price chart, but I'm assuming it would be at least $329 with the MOP dot inlays since the other all goncalo neck is listed at that.

The only thing is, I hate 4+1 headstocks.  :sad1:  If it was a five inline headstock I'd own it already, but man... that ugly 4+1 just ruins it.

Any others?

almost all of them :) since I decided on no more inlays for me a while ago!
I will have them when I finally get to do my replica strat

I really love a lot of the exotic necks in the showcase, (some of the goncalo or bubinga necks are to die for), but they usually have too thin a neck contour, or too big frets for me.

nathan a said:
I really love a lot of the exotic necks in the showcase, (some of the goncalo or bubinga necks are to die for), but they usually have too thin a neck contour, or too big frets for me.

??? Almost none of the necks in the Showcase are pre-fretted?

My "only if" list would extend to any number of beautiful exotic topped bodies that were top-routed rather than rear-routed....

nathan a said:
I really love a lot of the exotic necks in the showcase, (some of the goncalo or bubinga necks are to die for), but they usually have too thin a neck contour.

+1000000 As brazillian I like to have something to hold instead of very thin:
grazi-massafera-nova-01.jpg

:laughing7:

And top routed bodies... Serious I believe I've left about 5 bodies becouse they were top routed, probably less than others guys here, but for my situation, would be like 20 from Jack, Doc or other maniacs here  :laughing7:

ironfist said:
Have you ever seen a piece in the Showcase that you would totally buy in a heartbeat if it wasn't for one little detail you can't stand?

Happens way too often. Main thing is how a lot of the bodies are routed for trems. :sad1:

Back