Tele® Replacement Body T-9382

That's what I meant. The only way to make it look nice would be to use a warmoth pickguard. I suppose you could ask warmoth if they would rout a humbucker for you, or you could do it yourself, but you'd need to cover it up. Unless you don't care how it would look.

I'd have them rout a humbucker on top of the p90, and then buy a a f-hole pickguard. If you didn't like the p90, then you get another pickguard, and put in a minihumbucker, humbucker, tele neck, strat or tv jones

I'd have them rout a humbucker on top of the p90, and then buy a a f-hole pickguard. If you didn't like the p90, then you get another pickguard, and put in a minihumbucker, humbucker, tele neck, strat or tv jones
Thanks Rick. That sounds good & innovative.

I could be wrong but I think that a Charlie christian route is universal...
Thanks for the input. I found no "in stock" Tele body's made for that pick up. That brings us right back to the "custom" option.
Strikes me as odd that there is no Tele body readily available for a neck Humbucker. Was thinking it would be more popular than it apparently is.

Thanks for the input. I found no "in stock" Tele body's made for that pick up. That brings us right back to the "custom" option.
Strikes me as odd that there is no Tele body readily available for a neck Humbucker. Was thinking it would be more popular than it apparently is.

Because it is a screaming deal, there is no over rout option. Perhaps they might over rout that body for a humbucker with an up charge. There are often Tele bodies in the showcase for neck humbuckers and certainly available in a custom-built to order body.

To have Warmoth do it, probably an up charge, but you never know for sure until you call them. Let us know what they say. Probably could do it yourself with a dremel if it's too expensive.

Strikes me as odd that there is no Tele body readily available for a neck Humbucker.

They usually have some (depending on what body wood you want), but the Showcase sale has been going on since Dec. 8, a lot of things have been picked over.

A pickguard would be required, but also would easy hide the over routing.

pickup_routes.png

A humbucking pickup in the P90 size (or just a reg'lar P90) would obviate all the preceding discussion, if you've an appetite for it. The DiMarzio ToneZone comes to mind.

Back