Swamp Ash and Maple :)

gvhbngh

Got these last Friday, forgot to post pics.
tumblr_mgh8ub2XK41qfj3sxo1_1280.jpg
http://
tumblr_mgh8ub2XK41qfj3sxo2_1280.jpg

Gotta love that grain matching :)

Looks great! Is that neck vintage tint? Might just be the lighting, but it has a great color. Not as bright white as most maple, but not gold or yellow like the vintage tints normally are.

Boatneck/Compound is what I have on my black Telecaster - and it's a reassuringly solid hunk of wood to play on.  What will the accoutrements for that axe be?

And welcome!

Indeed it is :) Vintage style Wilkinson tremolo, a set of David Allen Voodoo 69's, 3 dpdt switches for each pick up, 3 stacked 250k potentiometers for individual volume/tone for each pickup and Gotoh vintage style tuners :) Oh yeah, and a custom neck plae with 6696 (my birthday)

That's a really bright red!

Nice parts, though. That's gonna be a fine fiddle.

No need to apologize, and I certainly didn't mean to disparage the thing at all; it was just an observation. I take a lot of pictures for the forum, too, and it's a constant battle that I frequently lose trying to get the lighting and presentation right.

I'll tell ya - the thing that pisses me off the most is how harsh a flash can be. You can inadvertently expose scratches and dust and all manner of flaws that are invisible to the naked eye. Makes it tough because you often can't just take a casual shot, you have to get out some peripheral lighting and make a mess of the room. I'm sometimes envious of Warmoth's photographer's studio, where (s)he no doubt has all that set up more or less permanently.

Well, any picture is better than nothing, so there's no point sweating it. You do your best and caulk the rest <grin>

Cagey said:
Well, any picture is better than nothing, so there's no point sweating it. You do your best and caulk the rest <grin>

If I can chime in here, red is the worst color to try and photograph without perfect lighting and possibly even filters. Digital cameras break things down into 3 colors, red, green, and blue (RGB). The camera tries to simulate what the eye is seeing so it's heavily laden with green sensors, almost double that of red and blue. Only about 1/4 of the sensors are dedicated to red. When you take a shot of something red, up close like this, almost only the red sensors will be working. The green and blue will only be picking up on shades and other colors in the picture. This causes the red to bleed. Best bet, besides shooting in RAW and then tweaking things later in Photoshop, is to set a low ISO, say around 200, no bright light, especially sun, and don't get too close to it. If you're going to take a shot outside do it in the shade.
MULLY
sorry to ramble on like that......

Back