Super Strat

Wyliee

2876842269_4fe6c300da.jpg

2876842281_938a723c9c.jpg

2876842215_60eb7bf90a.jpg

I tried to get a bunch of pics of my Warmoth collection today.  The sun was a bit finicky in getting good light.

The full body shot shows off the flame maple best, but washes out the p/g.

Swamp ash/flame maple body, maple/ebony neck with SRV contour and MOP inlays.  Planet Waves tuners, Wilkinson bridge.

Rio Grande Crunchbox, Punchbox and Dirty Harry Jr. pickups.  5-way switch and coil taps for both humbuckers.  Serious grind with these pickups.  Good strat sounds in #2 and #4 with the coils tapped.  Decent twang with the bridge tapped by itself.

This is a great guitar to play and has proved very reliable and versatile.

That headstock looks SUSPICIOUSLY like a Valley Arts ! ! !  . . . or are my glasses not working tonite ?

Nice Strat, Eric!  Love the flame in that wood.  :icon_thumright:

Nice neighborhood, too. 

Blue313 said:
Nice flame on that top! 

What do you have for switching options on that?

Volume, coil tap for neck, coil tap for bridge, tone, 5 way switch.

fantastic!
always wanted to try the crunch punchbox, and loved the way they sound on RG's soundbytes page.

how do you like them so far?

kreig said:
That headstock looks SUSPICIOUSLY like a Valley Arts ! ! !  . . . or are my glasses not working tonite ?
No kreig your glasses are working, and that ain't a headstock shape in the Warmoth library....

Wow, beautiful guitar.
I just had a question about the tremelo, comparing the wilkinson to the original floyd rose:
what made you go with the wilkinson?  I think it looks much cleaner, but I'm wondering why everyone uses the OFR.  I plan on building a guitar of my own sometime this summer and I was wondering if you could give me any advice on tremelos.

Many thanks.

I don't use the trem very much and when I do, in small amounts. I didn't feel the need for a locking trem system with the graphite nut and locking tuners.

DangerousR6 said:
How is it your avatar is so much bigger than anyone elses....? :icon_scratch:
I see this question asked a bit, and never see the answers, maybe it's a secret ' I'm the biggest and best thing'  :laughing7:

Man! Am I glad that I know what 'avatar' means... It sounds like you were talking about something completely different..  :laughing11:

DangerousR6 said:
How is it your avatar is so much bigger than anyone elses....? :icon_scratch:

To be quite frank, I dunno.  Just natural I guess. :glasses9:

Back