Strat build started!

Gil Music

I have received this beautiful warmoth Strat body and neck a while back and the project is now started!

Below is a brief summary of the guitar specification:

-Flame Koa top Alder back Strat body
-modern construction Wenge neck
-Lace Sensor Ultimate Triple pickup set
-Gotoh vintage tremolo
-Gotoh vintage tuners
-standard strat wiring but with a push pull tone knobs to engage the neck pickup giving a total of 7 pickup combinations

Playability and tone are always top priority, but this Koa top is just gorgeous! And Warmoth really did a very great job, this is a unique choice top, and I can say the outcome is almost exactly the same as the picture shown in the custom build page (I attached the image)

I am not good at assemble guitar, so I will need plenty of time to finish this task, really looking forward to play the first lick on it!!

Attachments

• IMG_1540.jpg
    IMG_1540.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20210325_131149.jpg
    IMG_20210325_131149.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1156.jpg
    IMG_1156.jpg
    485.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1162.jpg
    IMG_1162.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 19
vetteman said:
Looks like a winner!  Can't wait to see it when it is finished. :headbang4:

Halfway through!
I like how the burl knobs matching with the pickups and koa top :icon_thumright:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 30
Wow!  Stunning top.  Agree on the knobs - those look perfect.  Looking forward to seeing the Wenge neck attached - I think the cream dots will pop a little more because of the knobs.

My new baby is born!
The whole build is as per my expectation, except for the long shaft push pull pot which is a bit too long and I need to set the knobs a bit higher, as a result I shall set the tremolo arm higher too, hope it won't impact my playing too much, anyway I am real satisfy with this new babe!! :eek:ccasion14:

Attachments

• IMG_1504.jpg
    IMG_1504.jpg
    910.6 KB · Views: 33
Gil Music said:
Playability and tone are always top priority, but this Koa top is just gorgeous! And Warmoth really did a very great job, this is a unique choice top, and I can say the outcome is almost exactly the same as the picture shown in the custom build page (I attached the image)

If you notice the darker V-shape near the bridge location you can tell that the assemblers actually lined that up more to give the body more symmetry. Brilliant job they do.

Awesome final result, that is a snazzy strat! Lots of great wood in there, a really nice piece of work from the W.

The fretboard looks like it has huge grain - do you feel that when you play on it? Seems like it would be hard to ben on it haha.

BeagJon said:
Gil Music said:

If you notice the darker V-shape near the bridge location you can tell that the assemblers actually lined that up more to give the body more symmetry. Brilliant job they do.

Oh yes you are correct it is even more symmetry then their photo  :eek:

SeaGroomer said:
Awesome final result, that is a snazzy strat! Lots of great wood in there, a really nice piece of work from the W.

The fretboard looks like it has huge grain - do you feel that when you play on it? Seems like it would be hard to ben on it haha.

Yes really nice work from them!
The Wenge fretboard does have huge grain but during playing or even bending I cannot feel it, maybe if I got long nails then will get stuck inside the grain lol
I like the touch of the grain at the neck though
This is my first Wenge (or exotic wood) neck and it gives me a new experience

Back