*** STOLEN MUSIC EQUIPMENT *** STOLEN MUSIC EQUIPMENT ***

Cagey said:
Luckily, he's in Canada where they actually charge and punish people for committing crimes

We do? Seems to me there's an awful lot of repeat offenders floating around up here too--guys with 11 DUIs and the like. Maybe it's just that our crimes are friendlier.  :laughing7:

Hehe! Could be. I'm not a resident, so I'm just going by what I've heard and seen. I'm sure there are outliers. But, if you want to see night and day in a 2 mile stretch, try wandering around downtown Detroit and if you live through it, then pop across the bridge to Windsor. And it's not just Windsor - ride up 401 through London, Kitchener, Toronto and beyond and it's all the same. Clean, safe, friendly and a joy to behold. It's like small-town America in the '50s. You keep expecting to see Ozzie and Harriet come out from behind the rosebush hedge by the white picket fence to talk to Mr. and Mrs. Cleaver about this weekend's bake sale to help the boy scouts buy tents to go camping in. Not that they don't have their own problems...

MrsClever.jpg

Ward, you were awfully hard on the beaver last night!

OK, I have a positive update!!!  :headbang1:

I recovered my Ibanez 7-string Sunday evening. It's beat to shite, but it's back. It was flawless when it was stolen.  :sad:

I got lucky as a local player in my area saw it on Craigslist for sale and recognized it as mine. So I checked the ad and there were pictures, including the back of the neck. Well there were some markings in the wood grain that were easily identifiable. I had some pics of the neck to compare to. So I contacted the seller and asked to meet and let me check it out. He agreed and I contacted the detective handling the case. So while waiting to meet the person in possession of my guitar I decided to visit our local Guitar Center because some of the pics of the guitar were taken in a Guitar Center. In talking with the store manager I found out they had received the guitar in May and sold it to the current owner. So at least I knew I wasn't meeting the thief. This was one of the few guitars I didn't have the serial number for and that's why it got through the 30 day hold and reporting to the police. So basically I got real lucky with this one. I showed the store manager my list and pics of my other guitars and he said the person who brought in this guitar also had my Heritage VIP with him. So now the detectives are working real hard to track this person of interest down real quick because having two of my guitars is no coincidence. Lucky for me, Guitar Center thumb prints and requires two forms of i.d. when they buy a guitar from an individual. So now the detectives know who to look for.  :evil4:

The person who had it was actually really understanding about the whole deal. I told the detectives I could easily prove the guitar was mine even though I didn't have the serial number. I circled the marks in the wood grain in both sets of photos and sent them to him. He agreed they looked the same. I also told the detective I could ask a short set of questions to the person who had it about the guitar that were related to how I set up the EMG system on the guitar. Short story is this, the body had to be routed for the larger EMGs and the routing is not perfect. But the real thing I had going for me was that setup because I installed the EMG SPC & EXG controls on board with those pickups, but in a specific way. The EXG is in the tone knob location, but only affects the neck pickup. So I told the guy in front of the detectives that the tone knob would only affect the neck pickup and make it scoop out the tone and get chimey, but not affect the bridge pickup. the guy agreed and said that I was correct. I then told him and the detectives that there would be another control in the back cavity (SPC) that would be like the tone knob, but without the knob on it that would only affect the bridge pickup. And it would be wrapped in foam. So he agreed to let me take the cover off, with both detectives watching of course, and there it was. The detectives took photos of what I showed them and all agreed it was my guitar.  :icon_thumright:

Now just to get my other stuff back!!!  :eek:ccasion14:

Attachments

• 001s.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 400
  • 002s.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 383
  • 003s.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 363
  • 004s.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 352
Well at leat it's a step toward finding your other gear hopefully, and you got the name of the crackhead that stole them... :icon_thumright:

Well I read the first page and the 12th page, I skipped all the sorry to hear stories in the middle,

Glad to hear you got one back and may be on track for the others or at least the guy.

But I can't believe anyone keeps their guitars somewhere other than " Home"  Although I had one stolen from a storage place too while I was deployed overseas

Alfang said:
Well I read the first page and the 12th page, I skipped all the sorry to hear stories in the middle,

Glad to hear you got one back and may be on track for the others or at least the guy.

But I can't believe anyone keeps their guitars somewhere other than " Home"  Although I had one stolen from a storage place too while I was deployed overseas

I was working out of state at the time and had to store them. Because of my ex-wife, no home.  :sad1:

Good thing they were at a climate controlled and secure facility. Who knows, they might have stole my autographed Percy Sledge "When a Man Loves a Woman" CD. And Lord knows that would be devastating!!!  :laughing7:

Death by Uberschall said:
Alfang said:

But I can't believe anyone keeps their guitars somewhere other than " Home"  Although I had one stolen from a storage place too while I was deployed overseas

I was working out of state at the time and had to store them. Because of my ex-wife, no home.  :sad1:

Good thing they were at a climate controlled and secure facility. Who knows, they might have stole my autographed Percy Sledge "When a Man Loves a Woman" CD. And Lord knows that would be devastating!!!  :laughing7:
They didn't get your autographed Barry Manilow Copa Cabana cd did they?... :icon_scratch:

DangerousR6 said:
Alfang said:

They didn't get your autographed Barry Manilow Copa Cabana cd did they?... :icon_scratch:

No mang, remember?? I traded that to you for all those neck plates and the super cool truss cover.  :headbang1:

I had to go back to the beginning to see what all there was. That's maybe $7,000,  even $10,000 total, NOT counting the '57 Les Paul? When they pick up Doofus, he may have a tale or two to try out, but for a major felony beef they'll sweat him pretty hard - those "bought it from a stranger in the parking lot" stories tend to fall apart quick, as they realize that they're going to take the whole weight if they don't squeal. Contrary to the masterminds on TV fiction, most criminals are really stupid, they have NO code of honor, and now that the cops have a thread to yank on they may even take some pleasure in playing detective. And most criminals have previous charges... isn't the Angola Hilton Louisiana's choice of resorts? The place is famous, among a certain social set - this guy may have a LOT of incentive to try to help get the rest returned!

One disturbing point is the damage to the body, but then again it means that those two at least were in a guitar player's possession (I won't say "musician"). Those particular Ibani chipped if you looked at them sideways, you can only hope the Les Paul stayed under a bed if it shows back up. If/when they prosecute, you'll have the guy's name too. Served cold, remember, nice and cold.... :evil4:

DangerousR6 said:
Alfang said:

No mang, remember?? I traded that to you for all those neck plates and the super cool truss cover.  :headbang1:
No,no,no, that was the Dolly Parton cd... :doh:

Silly question

But the guy who bought the stolen guitar...

did he just lose a chunk of money?

Hey that's some good news DbU and a bit of a break through too with Guitar Center's ID of the original seller to them.  :blob7:  :blob7:  :blob7:

Wow that is great man! It is great to see something work out for you, and more importantly it is great that they have a lead to follow!

While it does suck that the finish and everything is all scratched up, it is great that you got one back to keep the hope alive that you will see the rest!

Back