*** STOLEN MUSIC EQUIPMENT *** STOLEN MUSIC EQUIPMENT ***

Hey just looked on Ebay.co.uk and couldnt see any of them
Saw one les paul special that i thought looked the same, but it had a different bridge and was a '77 i realised
then another which was a 57 but a different bridge again, sorry man no lucky today :(

JimBeed said:
Hey just looked on Ebay.co.uk and couldnt see any of them
Saw one les paul special that i thought looked the same, but it had a different bridge and was a '77 i realised
then another which was a 57 but a different bridge again, sorry man no lucky today :(
Most likely they will not end up on the bay for the reason is that the thieves will want to make a fast buck, and ebay isn't the way for that. Only if they were part of a group of organized crime rings. It happened a few years back with the sport bike scene, some firemen in NY had a ring of thieves that were steeling around the country and dismantling bikes and selling parts on the bay.. :dontknow:

I've seen that roadking head at a pawnshop down my way... It's very distinctive and I know there aren't many of them around.

JamesL said:
I've seen that roadking head at a pawnshop down my way... It's very distinctive and I know there aren't many of them around.
Might go back and get a serial number off it, and contact DBU to compare #'s.... :dontknow:

I'm definitely going by there tomorrow, I only live like 1-1.5 hours from DBU so it's a definite possibility.. :(

Wouldn't it make sense to do this the other way round, first get the sn from DBU and then verify it? If you go in there, note down the sn and it should be DBU's, I would not expect it to still be there when you return with the cops.

JamesL said:

Get me the name of the pawnshop and I'll be glad to drive and check it out myself if need be.

PM sent

If it's really his Roadking, could the pawnshop owner get in trouble for taking it in/paying for it? It's a pretty expensive thing to end up in a pawnshop. I hope it's his head and that the info from the pawnshop owner can help get the guy who pawned/sold the head behind bars.

Mapleg4 said:
If it's really his Roadking, could the pawnshop owner get in trouble for taking it in/paying for it? It's a pretty expensive thing to end up in a pawnshop. I hope it's his head and that the info from the pawnshop owner can help get the guy who pawned/sold the head behind bars.
The pawn broker won't get in trouble, they just loose money he gave out for the item.

Negative, I went in today and it was m.i.a.  :( :(

I asked the pawn store if they sold it and they said no, but I KNOW it was there.

DangerousR6 said:
The pawn broker won't get in trouble, they just loose money he gave out for the item.

Not entirely true.  It is illegal to knowingly buy or sell hot mechandise.  The trouble comes into proving what someone knows.  No offense to DBU, but because of the volume of items x's the number of pawn shops, resources are best spent elsewhere.  And yes, the pawnshop loses when an item is proven to be stolen, so it's in their best interest to cover their arse by being selective with purchases.

Re: Roadking...
If JamesL is kinda suspicious about the amp being DbU's wouldn't it be best to pass it onto the local cops with DbU's serial numbers and get them to walk in and ask questions?

Surely they can demand to see who he sold it to (if he has) or who pawned it to them? Doubt that something like that would be sold for cash, I suspect a sale like that would be a hit on the credit card on an impulse buy if someone saw it and got a good price. If CC are used, there'd be a trace detail to follow up...

If stolen goods are sold by a pawn broker, can they still be recovered in your country?

Also, considering this was part of a multiple break in at a storage facility (and lots of gear taken), the cops might be very interested on any leads that may tie in other persons....

you never know, they might have read your post here and seen that you were onto them. hence it is now gone...

There is usually a hold placed on merchandise when it is brought in. All of the serial numbers go to the PD along with all of the selling party's info including a copy of an ID. So it should still be possible to generate some solid leads. Good luck bro.

Been a while, any updates? I keep track of vintage stuff on eBay/Craigslist all the time looking for deals and have yet to see that '57 LP come up anywhere...

Seriously, what the he*l is up with spam?!? This is a freaking tragedy for DBU!!! :dontknow:

Back