*** STOLEN MUSIC EQUIPMENT *** STOLEN MUSIC EQUIPMENT ***

Hey DbU,

Do you have any marking / insurance advice for us?  I'm about to get serious about protecting my stuff and want your opinion on the best way to do it.

Keeping records of serial numbers, photographs, hidden markings. From this thread, it appears that that can be at least helpful if they do turn up. Once the more common/pressing initial expenses of moving are behind us, I intend to add video recording (and make sure that it gets saved somewhere offsite, at least for a couple days, so they can't just take the DVR). And one of the cameras will be driveway coverage so I can at least get a plate & description.

I've joked about disguising a fingerprint scanner as a doorbell, since a lot of people try to have some pretense until they determine you aren't home. Maybe once the basics are covered and I'm just playing with home automation. :)

AprioriMark said:
Just give the poor sap some love.

-Mark

"You hear me talkin' Hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn site. I'm gonna get medieval on your ass."

-Marcelus Wallace

ORCRiST said:
AprioriMark said:
Just give the poor sap some love.

-Mark

"You hear me talkin' Hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn site. I'm gonna get medieval on your ass."

-Marcelus Wallace

ving-rhames.jpg

I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' dudes, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch

Been a year, not a word on it anywhere.  Now moving on to get compensated from the guy I loaned it to that was in possesion of it when it was stolen.

Back