Sonic Blue and Rosewood Musiclander

JaySwear2

One of the most diverse and best playing guitars I’ve ever owned was an Albert Lee with SSS pickups. So I did what everybody with GAS does and I sold it like an idiot  :doh:  Been thinking about that guitar a lot lately, and wanting another SSS guitar. So what do I do? Buy something that isn’t a Strat of course!

Parts are slowly arriving in the mail. Really excited to get this thing together! I have a set of Rainbow Lace pickups arriving tomorrow. Not sure if they’re really the right choice for me. I was listening to sound clips late one night and made a rash decision. I like higher gain stuff usually but they sounded beautiful clean in the demo videos I saw. If I'm not a fan I'll probably try to sell them off and move to some Dimarzio Area pickups.

Alder body in Sonic Blue, a white pearloid pickguard hopefully, still not sure how I’m going to cut that. A Gotoh 510 trem system. Then a 24.75” rosewood neck with a beautiful ebony fingerboard in the Fatback profile, Ivoid binding, 6105 SS frets. So ready to get this thing together! I’ve never installed a trem so hopefully that goes smoothly enough.

Attachments

• Warmoth1.jpg
    Warmoth1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Warmoth2.jpg
    Warmoth2.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 23
JaySwear2 said:
One of the most diverse and best playing guitars I’ve ever owned was an Albert Lee with SSS pickups. So I did what everybody with GAS does and I sold it like an idiot  :doh:  Been thinking about that guitar a lot lately, and wanting another SSS guitar. So what do I do? Buy something that isn’t a Strat of course!

Parts are slowly arriving in the mail. Really excited to get this thing together! I have a set of Rainbow Lace pickups arriving tomorrow. Not sure if they’re really the right choice for me. I was listening to sound clips late one night and made a rash decision. I like higher gain stuff usually but they sounded beautiful clean in the demo videos I saw. If I'm not a fan I'll probably try to sell them off and move to some Dimarzio Area pickups.

Alder body in Sonic Blue, a white pearloid pickguard hopefully, still not sure how I’m going to cut that. A Gotoh 510 trem system. Then a 24.75” rosewood neck with a beautiful ebony fingerboard in the Fatback profile, Ivoid binding, 6105 SS frets. So ready to get this thing together! I’ve never installed a trem so hopefully that goes smoothly enough.

Looks very promising. Don't worry about the trem, the worst parts, the location of the mounting holes and the routings are done already. The rest shouldn't be too bad. Good Luck it's gonna be a great guitar. When you get to something your not sure of, just ask. There are some very good people here who are only to glad to help.  :headbang:

The rosewood neck looks good with the sonic blue. Nice choices. This should be a fine guitar.

Looks great. Really loving that neck with the binding.
The Musiclander seem to be really popular. Didn’t use to see any here and now lately there have been several.

Logrinn said:
The Musiclander seem to be really popular. Didn’t use to see any here and now lately there have been several.

You’re not kidding! I actually was really swayed by all the completed builds on these forums. I never used to be a fan of the shape but the more I looked at it the more I liked it. And I do almost all my playing sitting down, so I wanted something that would be comfortable like a Strat. I think it’ll be perfect for me!

PhilHill said:
The rest shouldn't be too bad. Good Luck it's gonna be a great guitar. When you get to something your not sure of, just ask. There are some very good people here who are only to glad to help.  :headbang:

Thanks! It’s been years since I’ve put a Warmoth together and this is by far my fanciest neck, so I’m a little nervous about the assembly. I’m sure it’ll be fine though!

Back