Soft Launch of the U-Pick Lamtop option

I think this is a great option to offer.  It allows you to build something completely suited to your tastes and comething that will be completely individual.  The extra money you pay to be able to do that is worth it.

Bill

an excellent move forward, Gregg  :eek:ccasion14:

it's great to see Warmoth once again lead the 'replacement' parts market forward another step.

all the best,

R

p.s. I also take notice that I have been waaaaaay undercharging for some of the custom tops and fretboards I offer on my custom builds  :sign13:

Gregg;

Saw you just started putting a few Thinline laminate tops up; can those be used on L5S's as well?

Gregg said:
m4rk0 said:
cool feature,
but I have to say that the prices seem to be out of proportion if you compare them to fancy lam topped bodies in the showcase..
That's on purpose. We'd rather sell you the Showcase body.

Heh.  I didn't look at the showcase before ordering my body; I could have had a nice flame-top swamp ash Tele with instant delivery for about $5 more than the alder body I ordered with 10-week delivery.  Still, I was always meaning to have alder from the start, so no harm done.

There's a face in this Brazilian top!!

LT18a.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treebeard  :eek:  Oh my god, Warmoth killed Treebeard!  YOU BASTARDS!

Question:  Are we still able to order the upgraded laminates at the current 'sight-unseen' prices, or is this the way of the future for all of the really nice laminate tops?

Hi,

I've just seen the LPS laminate top options>

http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/bodies/lps.cfm?fuseaction=carvedtop_lps&bodymask=lps&app=4,6&lamtopw=Flame%20Maple#select

Wow.

I ordered my LPS with AAAAA flame maple top two weeks ago,  (a week before the laminate options appeared).
It's a real good job they weren't there when I was ordering.  I would have never have made my mind up.  And I don't think my wallet or wife would have stood it either.  A bit out my price range I'm affraid  :sad1: (If if I want to live that is)
Still, it adds to the exitement of ordering an unseen piece.

Do you reckon my top will made from similiar or are the options elite creme de la creme pieces?

I can' believe the extra I paid for the AAAAA top would even get me the $400 option.

Cheers
Dave

So........

If some idiot wanted to do something like a front AND back laminate, would it be possible to have a control cavity cover made from the wood?

Back