Sick pickguards....

Yeah, most parkways also have somewhat faster speeds.  Up in silicon valley, they also have some "express ways."  Not really sure what that term means, if it means anything different.

And why do people say "hot water" heater...It's just a water heater, cause you don't need to heat "hot" water...It's already hot.. :dontknow:

DangerousR6 said:
And why do people say "hot water" heater...It's just a water heater, cause you don't need to heat "hot" water...It's already hot.. :dontknow:

My thermostat is set at 140.  At 120, it's heating.  I wouldn't call 120 cold.  Mine does heat hot water.

Now, we've all heard PIN number, VIN number, and ATM machine.  Those are redundancies.

Jet-Jaguar said:
Yeah, most parkways also have somewhat faster speeds.  Up in silicon valley, they also have some "express ways."  Not really sure what that term means, if it means anything different.

Ever been on any of those "expressways" during commute hours?  Nothing "express" about them, except your outrage.

Man, this thread went off into left field, didn't it?  Like a Giants triple...

Despite the fact that this thread now seems to be about different kinds of roads, I think it's still just about the right place for this.

I have a tobacco sunburst Tele project in (very very slow) progress and I wanted something a little more interesting than just black to go on there. I emailed Mike Quick and between us we came up with an idea.

I just received the pickguard in the image below (phone pic; my apologies). It is gold leaf, hammered flat and then heat distressed. This is then sandwiched between black and clear acrylic sheets, with the back of the clear piece having been given a deep chestnut brown tint. Mike calls the result "tobacco leaf" - I call it awesome. From enough of an angle the guard looks completely black. Then when the light plays across is you get a little bit of glint from the gold. The picture is taken when this effect is at its maximum, under a halogen light. In normal light it looks dark brown with some nice movement of light due to the irregularites and texture in the gold leaf.

Attachments

• brownLeafTelePG.jpg
    580.2 KB · Views: 549
Outstanding!  You win the "Outside the Box" award for that one.  You already have the prize in a singularly excellent pickguard.

Yeah, it's like a classier tort. Price was $55, and it's real gold. It's actually more subtle than tort because it looks dark brown from most angles. I'm thinking a scarlet version would look pretty nice too - the equivalent of red tort.

www.quickguards.com to get in touch.

Interesting... I'm curious about laying up pickguards.. I posted a pic a while back from the builder...Black paint, black pickguard, with the red line option. Would be nice to have a thicker line though, to make it pop a bit more.

Jumble Jumble said:
Yeah, it's like a classier tort. Price was $55, and it's real gold. It's actually more subtle than tort because it looks dark brown from most angles. I'm thinking a scarlet version would look pretty nice too - the equivalent of red tort.

www.quickguards.com to get in touch.

Ah, right!  Same outfit that started the thread.  Thanks!  :icon_thumright:

How's this? Candy cream pickguard for a candy red strat:

IMG_8866_zps27b9f6ba.jpg

IMG_8861_zpsde210808.jpg

Back