Seriously - how does ANYONE ever keep a band together

clearerphish said:
:headbang1:

QUIT THE BAND VIA TEXT MESSAGE  :cool01: :rock-on: :headbang1:

...and I'm spent.

Classy move. 

Hell, just go solo.

Texted that he wanted to quit?!!!  What a wimp.  Though normal.  He can be replaced with a click track.  I've been in meetings where they're on the edge of a fist fight, so I guess texting is safer.  I just sat on the sidelines and laughed.  It just made it worse.  Most people just say, oh, I gotta make money, sorry can't come to pratice anymore.

Rick said:
Texted that he wanted to quit?!!!  What a wimp.  Though normal.  He can be replaced with a click track.  I've been in meetings where they're on the edge of a fist fight, so I guess texting is safer.  I just sat on the sidelines and laughed.  It just made it worse.  Most people just say, oh, I gotta make money, sorry can't come to pratice anymore.

His was better: "just not feelin it anymore. After much thought realized it would b a disservice to us both"

the end. LOL!

3 words, "Boats and Hoes."

BoatsandHoes.jpg

clearerphish said:
:headbang1:

GREAT NEWS!

So yesterday, I was texting our drummer about the two bass auditions I had scheduled for last night and he

QUIT THE BAND VIA TEXT MESSAGE  :cool01: :rock-on: :headbang1:

...and I'm spent.

That's so lame.  I'm sorry dude.  I think it's time you became a solo musician.  There comes a point where you have to just say "f**k it". 

I can't do it solo, I need other folks to bounce stuff off of. I want to be in a band that's greater than the sum of its parts. I'll just keep working until that comes around. Thanks for the vibes though - I can certainly use them these days.

On the plus side, you still have a horn section.

Just put another round of ads out there.  Look at this as an opportunity to get yourself a whole new rhytm section.  You can get through this.  In the meantime, you can work on writing material and working it up with the horns.  You'll be gigging before you know it.

OK, now I have a new project that's me and a drummer. Anyone play bass in the North Atlanta, GA area?  :blob7:

Back