Series/Parallel/Single Coil - Pickup wiring video demo

taez555

Here's a youtube video I made to help show what Series/Parallel/Single Coil wiring for guitar pickups is all about and how it sounds.

It starts with a tutorial on pickups and wiring in general, then I go into a whole bunch of sound samples with a bunch of my guitar pedals in varying degrees of gain.  Analogman King of Tone, Fulltone OCD, Tube Screamer, Sunface TI/UK and a DS-1.

And of course as always, everything was played on my Warmoth. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxbaBWPTT2k

That's a sweet video, and I'm sure it'll be useful for a lot of people.

Out of curiosity, what did you use to make the video?

NQbass7 said:
That's a sweet video, and I'm sure it'll be useful for a lot of people.

Out of curiosity, what did you use to make the video?

Thanks.  I figured there really wasn't a good video out there showing exactly what it was.    Some samples here or there, but nothing that really broke it down.  Just doing my part for the world of guitar knowledge. :)

I recorded all the audio with an SM7B into a focusrite 18i6 into Reaper, then mixed it down and dumped it into Windows Movie Maker.    Fades, credits, timing and all that stuff was done in there.  It's pretty basic as far as far video software goes.

The diagrams were all made by hand in an old version of Photofiltre.  (moving arrows around in a dozen photos to show the signal flow was fun) :)    The guitar pictures and stuff were all originally for my website and are pics I took of my actual gear.

Wow, that is great Erik. I have never seen it explained in such a simple manner. Thanks creating and sharing this.  :guitarplayer2:

Back