Series/parellel triple single coil tele diagram check

Elijahl

I am in the process of building a tele with the following pickups; tele neck, strat middle, tele bridge. I was planning to put a series/parallel switch in but i am struggling with making it work. there is the James Burton tele wiring but it actually doesn't do a true split with all the positions and to my understanding would require additional wires from the pickup like what lollar offers.

I stumbled across this diagram in my search and it looks perfect, actually uses a very different approach but looks correct to me? can someone double check this for me my electronics knowledge is limited.  I attached a picture of the diagram to this post.

Attachments

• series parallel triple singles.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 115
You mention doing a true split. That is not possible with single coils as there is nothing to split.

The diagram attached allows the individual pickups to be in series or parallel with each other. It looks like a diagram made by an internet user called Phostenix, he had a google site with a lot of diagrams. The site is still there but all the diagrams have disappeared. In general the wiring schemes he did were sound.

An easier alternative may be to take a look for a Freeway blade switch which will give 10 positions.

Back