Screaming Deal

whitebison66

$229. How could I not buy it? I felt a little ambivalent until I got my first glimpse. The usual Warmoth disclaimer applies; photos are a paltry second to seeing it in real life!

As I start putting it together, I will begin a thread in Works in Progress.

Nice, I have one I got from the Screamin' Deals section which is very similar.  What neck will you be using?

I can't believe I'm saying this... But it will make sense, I think... I hope...

22 fret maple/maple reverse Jackson, black headstock face and maybe, just maybe, half-scalloped to make sure that I went as absolutely overboard as I could.

It will be 1 3/4" Boatneck, so I may go with an oil finish since warpage will be... inhibited, but I can't find Casey Tru-Oil or gunstock oil here in Hong Kong. Watco's Danish Oil is the only one I found so far, and that won't make the warranty nut.

I personally have no problem with a reverse Jackson on a Tele body, but a boatneck Jackson?  OK, everyone has their own taste.  Keep the pictures coming!

I have big hands, and when I finally discovered huge necks, they felt incredibly more comfortable. I'd get a Superwide if they did the Jackson h/s, but they don't.

I'll keep this one illustrated!

whitebison66 said:
I have big hands, and when I finally discovered huge necks, they felt incredibly more comfortable. I'd get a Superwide if they did the Jackson h/s, but they don't.
Hmm, it may be different but it's definitely sound logic.  It's the main reason we're all here, they just don't make them like you can!

whitebison66 said:
$229. How could I not buy it? I felt a little ambivalent until I got my first glimpse. The usual Warmoth disclaimer applies; photos are a paltry second to seeing it in real life!

As I start putting it together, I will begin a thread in Works in Progress.

Is that PT944 or PT892?

PT944.

I just keep staring at it as it sits on my couch...

One reason I pulled the trigger was because of a certain Dragonburst VIP that I let slip through my indecisive fingers... You know which one, Tony!

Yup, had my eye on the aformentioned for a Baritone Tele project.

I guess I'll just have to buck up & do the Buck Owens Tele.

:hello2:, finally someone else that likes tele's with the rev Jackson...(besides you Doc).... :icon_thumright:

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:

I like the one that Gregg has or had, don't know if he's still got it or not... :headbang:

DangerousR6 said:
TonyFlyingSquirrel said:

I like the one that Gregg has or had, don't know if he's still got it or not... :headbang:
I don't have it anymore. I found out I'm not really a Tele body guy. I prefer the way a Strat or LP hangs on me.

Gregg, was that a Buck Owens Tele, or other?

I'm looking to do a B.O. Tele with the silver sparkle in the center of the body, and the same on the peghead. :headbang1:

Tony, can't you just yell across the room to Gregg? You guys probably sit side by side and dont even talk to each other.

He's upstairs in a tiny room, I'm downstairs near the showcase.

I'm actually off today, got a medical thingy this afternoon that I'm prepping for.

Back