Screaming Deal

whitebison66

$229. How could I not buy it? I felt a little ambivalent until I got my first glimpse. The usual Warmoth disclaimer applies; photos are a paltry second to seeing it in real life!

As I start putting it together, I will begin a thread in Works in Progress.

DocNrock

Nice, I have one I got from the Screamin' Deals section which is very similar.  What neck will you be using?

whitebison66

I can't believe I'm saying this... But it will make sense, I think... I hope...

22 fret maple/maple reverse Jackson, black headstock face and maybe, just maybe, half-scalloped to make sure that I went as absolutely overboard as I could.

It will be 1 3/4" Boatneck, so I may go with an oil finish since warpage will be... inhibited, but I can't find Casey Tru-Oil or gunstock oil here in Hong Kong. Watco's Danish Oil is the only one I found so far, and that won't make the warranty nut.

DocNrock

I personally have no problem with a reverse Jackson on a Tele body, but a boatneck Jackson?  OK, everyone has their own taste.  Keep the pictures coming!

whitebison66

I have big hands, and when I finally discovered huge necks, they felt incredibly more comfortable. I'd get a Superwide if they did the Jackson h/s, but they don't.

I'll keep this one illustrated!

blue313

whitebison66 said:
I have big hands, and when I finally discovered huge necks, they felt incredibly more comfortable. I'd get a Superwide if they did the Jackson h/s, but they don't.
Hmm, it may be different but it's definitely sound logic.  It's the main reason we're all here, they just don't make them like you can!

TonyFlyingSquirrel

whitebison66 said:
$229. How could I not buy it? I felt a little ambivalent until I got my first glimpse. The usual Warmoth disclaimer applies; photos are a paltry second to seeing it in real life!

As I start putting it together, I will begin a thread in Works in Progress.

Is that PT944 or PT892?

whitebison66

PT944.

I just keep staring at it as it sits on my couch...

One reason I pulled the trigger was because of a certain Dragonburst VIP that I let slip through my indecisive fingers... You know which one, Tony!

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Yup, had my eye on the aformentioned for a Baritone Tele project.

I guess I'll just have to buck up & do the Buck Owens Tele.

DangerousR6

:hello2:, finally someone else that likes tele's with the rev Jackson...(besides you Doc).... :icon_thumright:

DangerousR6

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:

I like the one that Gregg has or had, don't know if he's still got it or not... :headbang:

simple

Staff member
DangerousR6 said:
TonyFlyingSquirrel said:

I like the one that Gregg has or had, don't know if he's still got it or not... :headbang:
I don't have it anymore. I found out I'm not really a Tele body guy. I prefer the way a Strat or LP hangs on me.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Gregg, was that a Buck Owens Tele, or other?

I'm looking to do a B.O. Tele with the silver sparkle in the center of the body, and the same on the peghead. :headbang1:

Alfang

Tony, can't you just yell across the room to Gregg? You guys probably sit side by side and dont even talk to each other.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

He's upstairs in a tiny room, I'm downstairs near the showcase.

I'm actually off today, got a medical thingy this afternoon that I'm prepping for.