Scratch build 2 - Hollow body

Danuda said:
A little further along:

The tuners have these push fittings and I kept thinking of ways to put them in.  I saw some people used drill presses, but with the diamond cut on the back that would be tricky.  Then I thought of my little clamp.  Why not just clamp it in?

Thanks for the tip on using a clamp to insert the tuners collars. I have to do this on my canary tele project in the next few days, and never would have thought of doing it like that.  :icon_scratch:

My other option was drill press which I also have, but can be disastrous if you get the alignment wrong.  :laughing7:

How can you tell it's Sinister? The tailpiece is the only assymetric thing on the guitar, and that's not critical. Depending on how the nut is cut it could be sinister or dexterous.

Really nice build!

I like the way you've used traditional and modern ideas together.

Can't wait to see it finished (and hear it)!

Thanks everyone  :).  I have been really happy with how it is turning out.  I am really excited to finish, but I am stuck until my pickups arrive.  I am going to fish the electronics through the f-holes so I can't start wiring until they come in.  I hate waiting, but I think having custom pickups will be worth it.  :icon_thumright:

swarfrat said:
How can you tell it's Sinister? The tailpiece is the only assymetric thing on the guitar, and that's not critical. Depending on how the nut is cut it could be sinister or dexterous.

I am thinking X4 criticals, neutral-evil kind of sinister.  :evil4:

Sinister is an X-Men villain in my world.
Sinister4.jpg

Back