Scotti Hill's Custom Strats

dColumbus

Hey,

I saw Skid Row here in Victoria at Element and it was one of the greatest concerts I've ever been to. Not to mention I got to see Scotti Hill do his thing, give me his picks kick the shiznat out of everyone in the room with his Gats... Now, the question is, what's his config? He's got two identical Custom Strats and I'm trying to find out what pickups he uses.

Also, anyone know where I can get a Strat Kit and try and make my own Scotti Hill replica? Man, he rules!  :guitaristgif:

This is the Warmoth board.

Schmoop pretty much nailed it, what other answer were you expecting?

Oh, I forgot. This board is a year old, it's troll season.

dude, thats like emailing hersheys and asking them where you can get some delicious milk chocolate.

Help, Schmoopy! Translate into standard American dialect please!  :help:
"give me his picks kick the shiznat out of everyone in the room with his Gats..."

tfarny said:
"give me his picks kick the shiznat out of everyone in the room with his Gats..."

Translation: "I'm a metal douchebag that thinks I'm really cool..."

jackthehack said:
tfarny said:

Jack, as much as I respect your guitar building and finishing results, I've got to say I'm a little tired of this kind of attitude toward metal players. I'm not a metal player, though I've dabbled from time to time. Many metal players are good players with solid technique and theory under their belt. I submit that the average metallist has to be a better musician and have better technique than, the average blues player, let's say. Of course, technique and theory are not the be all and end all, but they help separate guitar players from musicians.
I'll be the first to admit that some headbangers are insufferable egomaniacs, but no more so than any other style of player. I've met plenty of jazzers and plenty of cowboy chord roots rockers that were pricks too. People are people.

Ildar, that was too funny! "people are people"!!!  hahaha. Everybody knows metal players must, by law, have IQ of less than 2.5 x their hair length in inches (M < 2.5h, where M = max IQ and h = hair length). For metal bass players I believe the ratio is reduced to 1.8. Otherwise why would they play metal?  :headbang1:  :icon_jokercolor:

tfarny said:

im thinking something about guitar picks, and shooting someone. its very cryptic. 

Sir? SchmoopY said:
tfarny said:

im thinking something about guitar picks, and shooting someone. its very cryptic. 

Or perhaps:

"He proceeded to pick his guitar in a manor that caused his performance to effect the audience in a way not unlike a being physically beaten with a gun butt" 

If so, I think the video of confederatewk that was linked in another thread is an example of such a performance. 

ildar said:
jackthehack said:
tfarny said:

Jack, as much as I respect your guitar building and finishing results, I've got to say I'm a little tired of this kind of attitude toward metal players. I'm not a metal player, though I've dabbled from time to time. Many metal players are good players with solid technique and theory under their belt. I submit that the average metallist has to be a better musician and have better technique than, the average blues player, let's say. Of course, technique and theory are not the be all and end all, but they help separate guitar players from musicians.
I'll be the first to admit that some headbangers are insufferable egomaniacs, but no more so than any other style of player. I've met plenty of jazzers and plenty of cowboy chord roots rockers that were pricks too. People are people.

Wasn't picking on you; you can string together multiple coherent sentences in English! :eek:ccasion14:

Back