sambora project

Bamakramer

22 fret maple/maple neck, compound radius, and MOP inlays.  has a light tru-oil finish on it.  The body is from Southeast Guitars, and is designed after Richie Sambora's Kramers.  it is going to be painted white with all gold hardware and white pickups.

i love guitar pics!
2b1bf414.jpg

3a4a6a85.jpg

efb0321f.jpg

I love reverse strat headstocks  :icon_thumright:
are those holes below the switch for mini switches? what effects will you install?

yep, those are mini toggle holes for coil tapping the humbuckers.  it is gonna have a:  volume, 3 way, tap, tap setup.  JB in the bidge and a pearly gates in the neck.

Cool project! I would also omit the middle humbucker if I was to make a replica  :icon_thumright: (Maybe I will someday).

nice! i'm a huge early bon jovi fan. i'm excited to see this thing come together. i love the body, but i think i would hate that pickup toggle location

JaySwear said:
nice! i'm a huge early bon jovi fan.

Even from the beginning, I always considered them a bit of a pop band, although now I can see that they had some pretty good songs in the 80s.
Unfortunately, now they have become a bit of a Joke.. Their songs are bland and it seems like they are trying to sound like Bono !

Marko said:
JaySwear said:

Even from the beginning, I always considered them a bit of a pop band, although now I can see that they had some pretty good songs in the 80s.
Unfortunately, now they have become a bit of a Joke.. Their songs are bland and it seems like they are trying to sound like Bono !
Give These Days a listen. Or hell, Richie's solo albums (especially the first one, though it is a little early-'90s dated now).

Anyhoo, nice looking build. Every single time I go to Warmoth I keep thinking I should pull the trigger on a Sambora Kramer/Sambora Fender hybrid build. I don't have the tools to cut the right control scheme though, 's the only thing holding me back.
Interests me you don't seem to have gone for a maple body, any reason for this? I know a lot of people find them too heavy but for me it's what makes his early Kramers so good.

Good luck with this, I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Marko said:
JaySwear said:

i definitely agree. as far as '80s "metal" goes they're about as far from it as you can get and still count some of the time. but now they're just awful :-\ i can sit down and listen through Slippery When Wet any time though! great album.

i loved the documentary on them i saw not too long ago. i think it was made last year. can't remember the name, but it was mostly about their earlier years and albums. bon jovi reminds me a little of lars ulrich when he talks though :laughing7: just "our energy" this and "zen" that. his interviews were almost painful at times.

JaySwear said:
Marko said:
JaySwear said:

i definitely agree. as far as '80s "metal" goes they're about as far from it as you can get and still count some of the time. but now they're just awful :-\ i can sit down and listen through Slippery When Wet any time though! great album.

i loved the documentary on them i saw not too long ago. i think it was made last year. can't remember the name, but it was mostly about their earlier years and albums. bon jovi reminds me a little of lars ulrich when he talks though :laughing7: just "our energy" this and "zen" that. his interviews were almost painful at times.

it is poplar because i love the sound of poplar with a JB.  poplar is a more versatile tomewood in my opinion, and versatility is what i'm going for with this guitar.  At least versatile enough for my hair metal needs.  both pickups i'm using sound very good and clean up well when split.

Not true, up until about 1987 he used a Jackson which had a reverse Strat headstock and two humbuckers. Then came the Kramer, then the Fenders. Most of the first three albums were actually recorded with a Gibson Explorer which was modded for a Floyd and a Les Paul copy. Of course now he uses just about anything and everything. So you can't really go ''wrong'' and most hybrid builds I've come across turn out better than direct copies of any of his guitars.

Ace Flibble said:
Not true, up until about 1987 he used a Jackson which had a reverse Strat headstock and two humbuckers. Then came the Kramer, then the Fenders. Most of the first three albums were actually recorded with a Gibson Explorer which was modded for a Floyd and a Les Paul copy. Of course now he uses just about anything and everything. So you can't really go ''wrong'' and most hybrid builds I've come across turn out better than direct copies of any of his guitars.
That was a Jackson/Charvel....Not a Kramer as the description says..

DangerousR6 said:
Sambora's Kramers had the pointy headstock, and the sig's had 3 hums.  if you saw him with something with a strat head, it was most likely a strat...When he left Kramer he went to Fender...
http://www.vintagekramer.com/sambora.htm

never said it was a replica did i?  i am very knowledgeable of kramer guitars, as my home is the kramerforum, but thanks for the insight...  it a hybrid of many of the guitars he has played, buy mostly to one he used in a few music videos.

ever seen this one? not a fender...... 
http://www.youtube.com/v/KrZHPOeOxQQ&hl=en_US&fs=1

Bamakramer said:
DangerousR6 said:
Sambora's Kramers had the pointy headstock, and the sig's had 3 hums.  if you saw him with something with a strat head, it was most likely a strat...When he left Kramer he went to Fender...
http://www.vintagekramer.com/sambora.htm

never said it was a replica did i?  i am very knowledgeable of kramer guitars, as my home is the kramerforum, but thanks for the insight...   it a hybrid of many of the guitars he has played, buy mostly to one he used in a few music videos.

ever seen this one? not a fender......   
http://www.youtube.com/v/KrZHPOeOxQQ&hl=en_US&fs=1
True, you didn't say it was a replica. But most likely he's using a custom Charvel/Jackson in that vid..

No trolling, I've been a Kramer user and fan for more than 25 yrs... :icon_biggrin:

it isn't intended to be a kramer or any other brand guitar, just a sambora style superstrat.  no hard feelings here man.

Bamakramer said:
it isn't intended to be a kramer, just a sambora style superstrat.  no hard feelings here man.
None taken, either way, sweet project... :icon_thumright:

Back