Quilted Purple Strat Build

Man, this is an incredible build.  Sorry to bump and old topic but this is really good stuff.  I look at that fretwork, and somehow I just cannot imagine doing that work myself, though I'd love to.  I wish there were classes around here to learn to do it. 

At any rate I just wanted to say, as many have, what an incredible build, "heirloom quality".  Best wishes.

Thank you very much vikingred.  :eek:ccasion14:

That fret work was the first good neck I did. Practiced a little on an old neck and since then I've done some more.

In progress replacing the photo links to Flickr...

For those that may not have seen the thread before it will take a few days before all the photo links are replaced if you want to follow along.

All the photo links are now updated.  Enjoy...

(Apart from one that was quoted has the old link, which I cannot edit...perhaps a mod could help?)

I am glad I had most of the photos in a hierarchical set of folders with descriptive names as it made the process of replacing the links a whole lot easier.

I have located my Warmoth Tele Build photos on my older laptop so will get round to updating that thread as soon as I can.

Edit: Which is now also updated.

Necro-post, October 2019 GOM brought me here. I just wanted to say I didn’t properly appreciate how much I like purple until I saw this guitar. Now I know that it is among the best colors.

-VB- said:
Necro-post, October 2019 GOM brought me here. I just wanted to say I didn’t properly appreciate how much I like purple until I saw this guitar. Now I know that it is among the best colors.

Thanks -VB. Glad you like the guitar and colour.

My wife said it puts a new meaning to purple. I certainly agree.  :icon_thumright:

Rgand said:
My wife said it puts a new meaning to purple. I certainly agree.  :icon_thumright:

Thanks for the feedback I am glad you and your wife like it...

JPOL007 said:
That is a beautiful piece of work :icon_thumright:

Thanks so much.

Someone on TGP I think described it as looking like a lightning storm.

Pictures of this instrument turned up when I was looking for cool finishes a while back. It almost made me go for a similar vibe even though I am usually not a fan of purple things. Gorgeous instrument and amazing work!  :icon_thumright:

spe111 said:
Sharp looking guitar.

Thanks spe111 for the feedback.

Chuckwood said:
Pictures of this instrument turned up when I was looking for cool finishes a while back. It almost made me go for a similar vibe even though I am usually not a fan of purple things. Gorgeous instrument and amazing work!  :icon_thumright:

Thanks Chuckwood, appreciated.

Back