Post what you're listening to!

Seems impossible, but those guys were getting a bit long in the tooth to tour. That's a helluva lotta work. You get into your '60s, you ain't got the time/patience to be goofing around with that kind of aggravation, I don't care how healthy you are or how much it pays.

Yes, I think it is a good thing Rush, has retired. They have had a fantastic career, a great recorded and filmed legacy.

There is no reason why a band after forty years has to keep going.

Right. They did the work, they made it big, they've got a helluva legacy, and shouldn't be hurting for funds. Time to relax and play with the grandkids, fly kites, barbecue on the beach, and throw the alarm clock away.

Cagey said:
Right. They did the work, they made it big, they've got a helluva legacy, and shouldn't be hurting for funds. Time to relax and play with the grandkids or fly kites or barbecue on the beach.

Exactly...

Fasten your seatbelts, shredheads:

Glen Campbell (guitar) and Carl Jackson (banjo) deliver a blistering (even more so than usual) version of Duelling Banjos from the movie Deliverance.

[youtube]i5vfw5f1CZo[/youtube]

I just received my copy of Ty Tabors new solo album Alien Beans. I'm a huge fan of his playing and tone.
A couple of songs have already been released on Youtube: Freight Train and Johnny Guitar. I think both sound a lot like early King's X. Give them a listen.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/QeVOlVatnLY[/youtube]

[youtube]https://youtu.be/LqRSQVYQKaw[/youtube]

One of the hardest working Gibson whores in show business, and a man whose artistry I admire:  Warren Haynes!

[youtube]Fdk-MIk1aeg[/youtube]

Back in the days of 3 TV channels in the UK, there was little guitar music on TV. Apart from Top of The Pops, there was The Old Grey Whistle Test.

This is Gary Moore's version of Don't Believe a Word, with Phil Lynott (bass and vocals) and Cozy Powell on drums. Also Scott Gorham on Guitar. Not sure who is on keys. Gary has a broken string on this one.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fza-xzksmtU[/youtube]

I picked up the second (I think, I really should check, but there you go) Skid Row album up cheapish a couple of month ago, Now I wouldn't like to say they were better than Gary's later career, but I find it a lot more, err interesting.

[youtube]RyfYWYyyvww[/youtube]

Actually, I've been on a bit of a Whale tip, as I believe the young people say, it's not just Hobo Humping Slobo Babe you know!

[youtube]Aq4apgYriXE[/youtube]

:turtle:

amigarobbo said:
I picked up the second (I think, I really should check, but there you go) Skid Row album up cheapish a couple of month ago, Now I wouldn't like to say they were better than Gary's later career, but I find it a lot more, err interesting.

[youtube]RyfYWYyyvww[/youtube]

Wow.  That reminds me of Trout Mask Replica.

[youtube]7zdLfPN6F-o[/youtube]

Jim Campilongo plays an old Telecaster plugged into a Princeton Reverb.  That's the whole rig.  He always makes me want to practice.  I love his music.  This warped blues is gloriously off-center.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/jim-campilongo/jim-s-blues-short-version-jim-campilongo-trio-live-at-rockwood-music-hall-nyc[/soundcloud]

Currently nothing.  Funny as that cleanse the ears.
Working on this week’s music. Torn between playing the LP or the Doozy

Grateful Dead
Carach Angren
Amon Amarth
Between the Buried and Me
Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers
Beach Boys
Led Zeppelin
Frank Zappa
Gogol Bordello

My commute to work takes me from my home in Tucson, AZ to my place of work in Prudhoe Bay, AK and includes one bus, two 737s, a Q400 and a hovercraft. Which means there is time to listen to Dopesmoker!
[youtube]hIw7oeZKpZc[/youtube]

I've been tidying up my MP3 collection on my computer, I must have deleted oodles of duplicates that slipped in somehow, anyway my Throbbing Gristle stuff was such a mess I ended up re-ripping it all again in lossless not 256 MP3, I felt it needed doing.

[youtube]fnnPQPgbTl0[/youtube]

:headbang1:

Back