Post what you're listening to!

I started with "Anthem". My next youngest brother played drums, and had ambitions of being transmogrified into Neil Piert. Became very much like him over the years, a highly talented top-notch drummer. Then, out of the clear blue sky one day decided he'd rather play guitar. He's a pretty good blues player now, but everyone who knew him then has never forgiven him for giving up percussion. Keeps threatening to get another set of drums - electronic this time - but hasn't done it yet and I'm betting he won't. In his mid 50s, I don't know if he'd have the stamina for it.

Middle brother played and still plays guitar, 2nd from youngest never played anything but the radio, youngest also played drums with Piert being his idol.

My parents were not musical people and didn't even own a radio. But, being the devout Catholics that they were, always credited the kid's love of musical instruments to the fact that we were all rhythm babies  :laughing7:

I'm pretty sure I can attribute any chops that I manage to have now to all those hours trying to play like Alex Lifeson when I was a teenager.

Cagey said:
Mmmm... Rush... used to just live on that stuff back in the day. My next youngest brother and I would sit in the basement for hours on end, day after day learning those tunes.

Saw em live in New Orleans way back in the day.  Only concert I went to where every row of seats had at least a dozen air drummers each. 

No doubt. Mr. Peart was quite the inspiration. Even if you didn't play drums, he made you want to. He made them an integral part of the music rather than some kind of complex metronome. I saw them during the 2112 tour - probably one of the best concerts I ever saw.

I just discovered the band The Pineapple Thief a week or so ago, so I've been spending any spare time immersing myself in their discography. Really enjoying their work; it's very proggy/dreamy, like a cocktail of 3 parts Porcupine Tree and one part Pink Floyd, with a dash of Radiohead and a few sprinkles of Smashing Pumpkins ...but oddly, they seem able to sustain my interest far longer than any of those bands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSAKX5nw3dE&list=PLfXbEsVtvcIAwy_BLntSLD6h6V7byamQi&index=7

A new song from Gavin Iedema. I think his playing is outstanding.

[youtube]qD6BC5AGsew[/youtube]

Um.  Yeah, so I like Casey Abrams.  He was a contestant on American Idol a few years ago, and I just loved the way he does it.  Didn't win, but I knew that was going to happen.  Here's a couple songs.  (Yeah, so he's a hippy.)

[youtube]aLnZ1NQm2uk[/youtube]

[youtube]eodywF2BJsk[/youtube]

Oh yeah, thanks Bob for Pineapple Thief.  Great stuff.  Never heard of them before, really like it.

Okay, one more...

[youtube]iuZlW7JIznI[/youtube]

[youtube]k2QPTigwfg4[/youtube]

This song somehow made it's way onto my Facebook news feed...I'm so confused at it.

stratamania said:
Axkoa, you need to edit your Youtube link.

Here is how to do it.

[youtube]Spar4SF_zzo[/youtube]

Whoops! Thanks. I totally forgot you need to do that haha

Have you guys heard of this guy Neil Young? Despite my dad's best efforts when I was a kid I've only just started listening to him seriously. I reckon he'll probably go far.

T89Rex said:
Have you guys heard of this guy Neil Young? Despite my dad's best efforts when I was a kid I've only just started listening to him seriously. I reckon he'll probably go far.

Are you winding us up?  Like that guy who (supposedly) didn't know who Joan Jett was?  :icon_scratch:

ghotiphry said:
Yeah.  Boy, this guy Jimi sure can play.  When is he going to release a new album?

:toothy12: :toothy12: :toothy12:

There's a lot of similar questions (but for real) when it comes to books (I used to own a bookstore).
Like; "Is there a new book by Anne Frank?"

Back