Post what you're listening to!

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
I have Iron Maiden on "Shuffle" right now.
Really digging Brave New World, Final Frontier, and Book of Souls.

[youtube]7cvMdeewB6g[/youtube]

Haha. Sorry guys. I forgot Americans don't really do dry.

Yes, I was pulling your collective leg.

T89Rex said:
Haha. Sorry guys. I forgot Americans don't really do dry.

Yes, I was pulling your collective leg.

Not American.  Was going to ask "are you taking the Piss?" instead.

Today's reminder that there is beauty and grace and life outside the political morass comes to you from Poland's Kupinski Guitar Duo, Ewa Jablczynska & Dariusz Kupinski, performing their arrangement of Gershwin's masterpiece, Rhapsody in Blue. Holy moley, it's good. 

[youtube]YB-j_pvidq4[/youtube]

Fantastic! I love watching players like that. The talent and skill is superb. It's not only enjoyable and entertaining, it's also educational and inspirational.

Outside of the obvious stuff, I'm happy to see they keep their thumbs where they belong, use a footrest to facilitate proper instrument orientation, and don't need training wheels (aka fret markers).

Thanks for the link, Ian!

And I particularly dig the rosette on Mr. Kupinski's guitar - looks like it's disintegrating.  Very cool design.

That is unusual, isn't it? Seems a bit whimsical for such a serious player, but who knows? Maybe he's a closet VanHalen mimic  :laughing7:

Incredibly tight, aren't they? It's like they've got a USB cable running between their brains to sync them up, or something.

Here are three guitarists onstage - usually a recipe for disaster - and one of the finest bassists and drummers working.  I give you the Ringers, aka Jimmy Herring, Michael Landau, and Wayne Krantz on guitar, Ettienne Mbappé on bass, and Keith Carlock on drums.

[youtube]JWiJB5AEhuk[/youtube]

April Ethereal by Opeth, off of the album "My Arms, Your Hearse". Great song in my opinion. I love the lyrics, but the guitar is the thing that gets me the most. The best part is right at the end of the song, beginning with the lyrics "The rain was waving goodbye". One of my favorite songs to death growl. Not sure my neighbor likes it as much, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS9smwY7jYU

My last link here was very heavy, very death metal. Tonight I've felt more relaxed, and am currently listening to my favorite rendition of Ave Maria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRFYCerLF3o

Listening to the Pixies.  Here's their song about the Old Testament story about Sampson and Delilah.  A story that, when you actually read it, is not a love story at all but rather a story about sex, drugs, betrayal, torture, revenge and death. 

I think the Pixies nailed it.

[youtube]tTTPv8_95KY[/youtube]

Back