Post What Jazz You're Listening To

That woman could swing her @ss off. Such a loss when she departed the stage so young.

Edit: Steve Bailey looks like he's 16 years old in that video!

Indeed, a sad loss when those so talented go so young.

And Steve Bailey is brilliant on both the upright and fretless.

Really fun internet collab cover of Chuck Mangione's greatest hit. The trumpeter has some skillz. And the poster of the video does a creditable performance of Grant Geissman's original solo.

Is funk allowed here? Anyway, I’ve been into Cory Wong and Snarky Puppy, lately, so no wonder I liked this, too
There is so much overlap between funk and jazz that the labels are hardly meaningful a lot of the time. And Eric Gales is always welcome.

Speaking of Eric Gale (no "s" on the end, totally different dude), he's always a good listen. Here he is with Ron Carter. He also did the guitars on Paul Simon's One Trick Pony album. Great solo on "Late in the Evening."

This was a track that me and some of my friends used to the test the dynamics of our speakers with. The sound of this record was incredible. I had the CD version by Telarc. If you listen on headphones - don’t turn up the volume!

Last edited:
And Steve Bailey is brilliant on both the upright and fretless.

uhh... if by "brilliant" you mean Has His Own Approach To Intonation then I guess I can't disagree.

Meanwhile...

Lately I've been listening to a lot of mid-80s Steps Ahead, mid-90s John McLaughlin, and mid-70s Weather Report, Terje Rypdal, and Miles Davis.
Also mid-60s Miles Davis.

I am in Europe, and I never heard of him before. Thanks for posting.
Interesting. He's all but unknown here in the states, but spent a lot of the early part of his career here - in rock bands. He is deserving of being much better known.

Interesting. He's all but unknown here in the states, but spent a lot of the early part of his career here - in rock bands. He is deserving of being much better known.

I looked him up and saw that about him being in the US for quite a while. That seems to be the fate of most musicians and artists, not all are as well known etc and some that are less talented are.

This is Brad Rabuchin. He is very little known outside of "insider" jazz circles. He has played for a long list of artists - Bonny Raitt, Willie Nelson, Tom Jones, Pat Martino, Roy Hargrove, among others, and most notably spent five years or so as Ray Charles' guitar player. He is a Pinter endorser, and has two of our instruments.

Back